You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Feb 22, 2018 11:22 am

Slice
Active

Re: Baltimore is the nation's most dangerous city

So ah wonder if there were no illegal guns in the City of Baltimore, what will be the murder rate? You have no idea what the hell is going on this place.  The feds just locked up about ten Police officers for corruption and all kinda crazy  illegal stuff. The public doh trust the police.

Well they just fired the chief and it seems Violence and murders are going down.  About 98% of those murders were black and black crimes.

#12 Feb 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

So, basically all Westernised countries are suspect?

Absolutely.  The idea that a free man who is a citizen, law abiding and tax paying should be prevented from being armed by the state is, without a doubt, suspect.

But unless law and order is broken down, to the point of being a waste of space, or as in the case in Grenada, whilst threat levels are fairly low, but all men and their dog wander around with a bloody great knife, which, should they decide to be involved in a criminal act like theft or Burglary could be problematic, but ordinarily people do not need the level of protection a gun provides.

Even though all kinds of unpleasantness are occurring in the UK, were I there the only reason I would want a firearm would be for sporting purposes. I wouldn't even dream of wanting to carry one for safety. The Terrorists are adding another dimension, but it is hardly time for vigilantes or "patriots" patrolling the streets.

I just wonder what kind of oppression you expect to experience from the State when you don't have an arsenal to defend yourselves from them.

The well regulated militia was to defend from hostiles outside the country.... and is long since a redundant concept. Certainly all and sundry with their nuclear bunker fortresses are a long way from a well regulated militia which was only needed when the newly formed America did not have a standing army. It now has the most powerful army in the World. The sustenance of the 2nd amendment is a joke.

As with most nations elsewhere gun ownership should be permitted, but the way America does it is not just bordering, but is actually laughable.

#13 Feb 25, 2018 9:37 am

Slice
Active

Yes RD, guns are almost illegal in my state, but my state borders Virginia and also West Virginia. It take 10 minutes or less to get to any of the Virginias.  Especially West Virginia, guns are like cars. As I said before in certain parts of WV, guns are like cars.  Every pickup truck has two and three Guns racks on them.

#14 Feb 25, 2018 10:17 am

Real Distwalker
Active

If guns were made illegal in all of the USA, the same problem would exist.  300 million firearms and trillions of rounds of ammo aren't going to just disappear because they are illegal. That's really the point of this thread.  Outlawing guns doesn't make them go away.  Not in Baltimore.  The only people disarmed in Baltimore is the law-abiding.  The criminal class remains armed.

How is it good policy to disarm the decent, law-abiding citizenry while leaving the criminal class armed?  It isn't.  Baltimore is proof.

#15 Feb 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Dancer
Active

RD , excuses , excuses, excuses, excuses , excuses .
Don't you think you should arm the  bus drivers , nurses , pastors ....
Why am I thinking of the Berlin Wall ?

#16 Feb 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

'I' am not going to arm anybody.  Bus drivers , nurses and pastors, however, are free to arm themselves.

Board footer