You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 21, 2018 4:10 pm

gripe
Active

Hon. Magistrate Seales' Resignation: His Lessons for Grenadians

I take it that Magistrate Seales' resignation is now known to most Grenadians. His 12 years as a jurist, to me, were marked by selfless service to Grenada for which he must be commended. Here is the press release information:

http://www.nowgrenada.com/2018/02/magis … f-service/

As Magistrate Seales retires, and on the heels of the upcoming elections, we should take from his example the following lessons:

(a) we can serve our country -- in our chosen capacities -- with dedication;
(b) we can serve our country with impartiality, consistent with our position;
(c) we should know WHEN TO LEAVE so that someone else may take up the mantle and revitalize the particular office or position.

I respect Magistrate Seales for his adherence to the foregoing principles. Grenada and Grenadians have benefited from his service!

The best to you, Magistrate Seales, in your retirement!

Last edited by gripe (Feb 21, 2018 4:11 pm)

#2 Feb 21, 2018 4:28 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Hon. Magistrate Seales' Resignation: His Lessons for Grenadians

Busman partying now!!

#3 Feb 21, 2018 5:50 pm

gripe
Active

New Historian, you may be correct. Those busmen were on pins and needles as Magistrate Seales made them pay their long-overdue fines and other fees, or . . . But, that was just one way in which Magistrate Seales tried to make the law and order wheels run smoothly home. Those who appeared before him knew that he was serious about ensuring ORDER! Yet, as expected because no one is perfect, Magistrate Seales faced some criticisms along the way. But, he weathered the storm through the end.

#4 Feb 21, 2018 8:36 pm

New Historian
Active

gripe wrote:

New Historian, you may be correct. Those busmen were on pins and needles as Magistrate Seales made them pay their long-overdue fines and other fees, or . . . But, that was just one way in which Magistrate Seales tried to make the law and order wheels run smoothly home. Those who appeared before him knew that he was serious about ensuring ORDER! Yet, as expected because no one is perfect, Magistrate Seales faced some criticisms along the way. But, he weathered the storm through the end.

AMEN! My son "accidentally" fell afoul of him, and shivered in his boots while Jerry gave him a dressing down lol!

#5 Feb 22, 2018 11:24 am

Slice
Active

This on ah doh know about,so ah staying away.

Board footer