You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Feb 27, 2018 8:50 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Help needed with this nation's addiction problem

Slice wrote:

But RD I think the fact that nations, who do not have those amounts of guns are much safer,is enough to get rid  of all guns. There are three millions in the US. Why do folks need that much guns? There ent ah ting good about guns. Leave it up to me,every gun that is not owned by goverment  should be taken away.

You an me gonna fall out right there... sad

#22 Feb 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I don't vote based on gun rights.  I vote my economic interests.   Not that it matters.  My vote never swayed an election in my life.

For the record, more people are killed each year by automobiles than by guns.  I don't vote to make automobiles illegal either.

You really need to get off my back.  Nothing I do or don't do is going to change the firearms situation in the US.

NH is the new Expat...  Droning on and on.  smile

#23 Feb 28, 2018 12:23 am

New Historian
Active

Poor RD, his back can't take any more. Well here's more: RD couldn't give a rat's ass HOW many people, schoolchildren or ANYONE get shot, just so long as he gets to keep his precious weapons of mass destruction. That's callous, another way to look at it is racist, because his lily white Iowans aren't getting killed, they're sll safe in their snow castles.

#24 Feb 28, 2018 8:34 am

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

RD couldn't give a rat's ass HOW many people, schoolchildren or ANYONE get shot.

What a nasty way to maliciously lie about me.

#25 Feb 28, 2018 10:32 am

Real Distwalker
Active

#26 Feb 28, 2018 11:47 am

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
New Historian wrote:

RD couldn't give a rat's ass HOW many people, schoolchildren or ANYONE get shot.

What a nasty way to maliciously lie about me.

How I lie? Oh yes you "care" when yet more gun massacres happen, you send "thoughts and prayers", but when it comes to actually DOING anything about it, i.e. an assault rifle ban, sensible gun control laws, ending the power of the gun lobby - all of a sudden, you are powerless.

May I take you back to English Language 101:

hypocrisy
noun
the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

#27 Feb 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

My guns hurt no one.  I have no ability to change the gun culture in America.  If I thought my guns were, somehow, going to get out of the iron safe they are kept in and hurt someone, I would have them destroyed.

What exactly - be practical - do you want me to do?

#28 Feb 28, 2018 12:50 pm

New Historian
Active

Exactly the same thing you do to influence the direction your country is going: Vote, make noise, activate, hold your elected officials accountable. I'm sure you wouldn't remain silent if the Iowa state legislature wanted to pass huge tax increases that would directly affect you, would you?

#29 Feb 28, 2018 12:53 pm

New Historian
Active

Nail. Head:

#30 Feb 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Vanni
Active

I often take a few days of pondering about whether or not I should open my air vent with my own, sometimes a bit too unorthodox point of view. Sometimes I leave it at my silence. Sometimes I opt for showing up. So ... let's go:

The situation worldwide has reached the stage of incurable. As I can see it, and according to the domains, there is no political, nor religious, nor scientific or other solution. Which could be likened to palliative care, which has its value in terms of relief.

But healing? At the stage of palliative care, some people take a totally different approach, and reach what we call "miracle" healing.

So, then: extreme oppression and violent intervention into every single citizen's life? Even this wouldn't work.

What I mean is: to keep searching to take action at the level of the situation has not managed it to lead us to a genuinely better world. Even the most violent intervention would not reach which is vitally needed:

thorough healing

It needs a global solution transcending the punctual approaches, which have obviously failed big time.

Realistically to me, the only solution is one which many of us do not consider: a total transformation.

Where would it be coming from? I do not have the answer to this. But I am sure of one thing: if we have reached such a situation, it's for a purpose. A positive one: in the bigger picture of Life, there are evolutionary stages. Some which are pivotal. And in my understanding, we Earth humans have certainly reached the stage of a pivotal evolutionary leap.

I am inclined to think that there is (unexpected) wisdom in this insanity. We had to reach the extreme in all areas. And we've brilliantly done it smile Now there is only one thing we can do, and it's no one's power to impose and dictate us what and how. It will be fully meaningful and worth it once it will be coming, possibly thanks to some major event, from the bottom of our heart and soul.

Maybe the prophecies about apocalypse had a point after all, but not absolutely in the tragic way they have been presented to us.

The only real progress comes from inside. And Life is our ally, and will definitely play a decisive role in making us willing without the shadow of a doubt. In making it crystal clear to those of us who are predisposed and ready for what some call a quantum leap in evolution.

And, for Life to allow a situation to reach that point, I trust that it means that a majority of us are ready for this quantum leap.

(Even I with my words am feeling apprehensive. But I trust it that something in me is ready to grasp the opportunity)

Last edited by Vanni (Feb 28, 2018 2:44 pm)

Board footer