You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Dancer
Active

BLACK PANTHER - - the SENSATION

I was going to let a poster stew in a form of ignorance , for longer , hoping , something widens the understanding ,  but since I will be busy . Now is a good time to indicate a point of view , spotlighting less than positive thoughts that run in the people. Hoping that  it would brighten  some  darkness. lol.

Checking the  movie ? ...... Juvenile , its for teenagers , not my type of movie , scrip stinks , etc, etc

Now  ....  TIME MAGAZINE ::: What it means to be black in America , Africa , the World
Now ...  Black Panther  is a gorgeous, ground breaking celebration of black culture
Now .... I refuse to state how much money the movie is collecting.....  find that out for yourself.
Now .... Stories  ::: MARVEL's slowly evolving politics ::::  MARVEL wants to tell stories  about American hegemony but can't quite bring itself to do so.
Now .... all black cats being adopted.  ...... lmao. lol.
T-challa and other names , floating around, you can expect , so dressing changes......

ALL of that , to say this..

Power of the Black.
Why do so many of us not see the magic , and  power , and culture strength.
Hoity-toity  ... why wait on TIME !

#2 Mar 01, 2018 1:11 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: BLACK PANTHER - - the SENSATION

Chadwick Boseman  ( a lead actor in the Movie ) says T'Challa is the enemy in Black panther.  ---  THE VERGE.COM
His comments highlights the conflicted feelings of the Black Panther audience from the African diaspora. 

Gotta talk to my son. Hear , what he says.

..... but ah love this different direction in mainstream movie making.
High Five, Guys !

#3 Mar 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

I was going to let a poster stew in a form of ignorance , for longer , hoping , something widens the understanding ,  but since I will be busy . Now is a good time to indicate a point of view , spotlighting less than positive thoughts that run in the people. Hoping that  it would brighten  some  darkness. lol.

Checking the  movie ? ...... Juvenile , its for teenagers , not my type of movie , scrip stinks , etc, etc

Now  ....  TIME MAGAZINE ::: What it means to be black in America , Africa , the World
Now ...  Black Panther  is a gorgeous, ground breaking celebration of black culture
Now .... I refuse to state how much money the movie is collecting.....  find that out for yourself.
Now .... Stories  ::: MARVEL's slowly evolving politics ::::  MARVEL wants to tell stories  about American hegemony but can't quite bring itself to do so.
Now .... all black cats being adopted.  ...... lmao. lol.
T-challa and other names , floating around, you can expect , so dressing changes......

ALL of that , to say this..

Power of the Black.
Why do so many of us not see the magic , and  power , and culture strength.
Hoity-toity  ... why wait on TIME !

Black Panther's theme is that a successful man cannot survive without a good woman or women backing him. He's woman-dependent.

By the way, your girl Angel Basette is in it.

Last edited by Calypso (Mar 03, 2018 6:21 am)

#4 Mar 05, 2018 11:11 am

Dancer
Active

Great !   Looks like the JA  is out of the darkness  , but ,  not all the way with that 'snarky' comment  after the  half/ compliment  about men and women  sharing  ,,,  calling it .... male dependency.
But she is getting there ....
Now all the JA has to do is to practice that cross chest salute like Shuri does addressing the KING.

They say ... Killmonger is Malcolm X and T'Challa is MLK.
Only nappy hair women allowed  ......... that is so sad.
lol.

Angela Basette   always  hot.

Board footer