You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 05, 2018 5:29 pm

New Historian
Active

Grenada gettin lash

Big storm boy, winds all over the place, Woburn bridge impassable. Stay dry guys!

But of course, this has nothing to do with global warming, yet more fake news, right RD?

#2 Mar 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Grenada gettin lash

It must be climate change.  After all, there were never storms or winds before now.

#3 Mar 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The climate absolutely, positively changes.  About half the time it changes in a way that is beneficial to mankind. 

From an anthropological standpoint, warming has almost always been good for humanity and cooling has almost always been very bad.

#4 Mar 06, 2018 9:16 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Big storm boy, winds all over the place, Woburn bridge impassable. Stay dry guys!

But of course, this has nothing to do with global warming, yet more fake news, right RD?

Seriously, for the last four months, if there was one day it did rain in Grenada, then me cameras ent working.

#5 Mar 06, 2018 9:53 am

New Historian
Active

You stay deh in the Iowan tundra, I know that the climate down here in these vulnerable islands is changing, for the worse, because I've seen it, lived through it. I'm old enough to FEEL the difference lol! When I was a nipper around these parts, you really didn't give much though to hurricanes: they happened, to other people, once in a while. But nowadays, EVERY YEAR some poor islands get lash, sometimes more than once. In addition to named hurricanes, the incidences of flooding and storms are WAAAY higher than say 50 years ago. That's not science; that's observation.

#6 Mar 06, 2018 11:08 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't doubt the climate changes.  I know for a fact that it does.  It changes radically even inside the lifetime of a man.  It has always done so and we know it from ice bores and other means.  Sea levels have been much lower in the past.  Sea levels have been much higher in the past.  So it goes.

#7 Mar 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Slice
Active

So you ah denier too.  Lord man do you always have to tour the party line.  Just when ah thought you were the smartest Republican alive.

#8 Mar 06, 2018 4:03 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

So you ah denier too.  Lord man do you always have to tour the party line.  Just when ah thought you were the smartest Republican alive.

LOLLL!

#9 Mar 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Expat
Active

Data for the past 2000 years show that the atmospheric concentrations of CO2, CH4, and N2O – three important long-lived greenhouse gases – have increased substantially since about 1750. Rates of increase in levels of these gases are dramatic. CO2, for instance, never increased more than 30 ppm during any previous 1,000-year period in this record but has already risen by 30 ppm in the past two decades.

1374088243357_1.jpg

Then again post Industrial revolution.... you know spinning Jenny etc, the green house gasses have spiked... No connection?

#10 Mar 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

I am not a denier.  I know the climate changes.  I am just not an alarmist.  I am not trembling in my boots.  The world will adapt just as it always has.  The climate changes.  Nobody can claim it doesn't.

As for Expat's CO2 post: Yes, CO2 has increased but it is a very, very weak greenhouse gas.  It cannot cause alone the scary increases in temperature that the alarmists insist is coming.  Their models require something called 'climate forcing' which isn't proved and is controversial.

In any case, the climate changes.  It has done it in the past in absence of human input and it has done it radically in the absence of human input.  There is probably nothing that can be done about it other than adapt to it.  I am certainly not going to get my panties in a bunch.

Read about the weakness of CO2 here.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/05/08/ … entration/

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Mar 06, 2018 8:42 pm)

Board footer