You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 09, 2018 4:31 am

Calypso
Active

DO BLACK WOMEN AND WHITE MEN MAKE THE WORST BOSS?

Guys, I had a conversation about this topic with my friends recently.  I told them that the best bosses I've had in my career were black men and white women. I've noticed how they work with a staff really well. Black women and white men have a tendency to ruin your careers. Black women bosses go at your viciously;white  men are rather insecure  and are blatantly racist. If you are better than them, they see you as a threat. If am sexually harassed by a black male, I could always negotiate a deal with him; white men don't give you any leeway.  What do you think?

#2 Mar 09, 2018 9:13 am

Dancer
Active

Re: DO BLACK WOMEN AND WHITE MEN MAKE THE WORST BOSS?

Calypso wrote:

Guys, I had a conversation about this topic with my friends recently.  I told them that the best bosses I've had in my career were black men and white women. I've noticed how they work with a staff really well. Black women and white men have a tendency to ruin your careers. Black women bosses go at your viciously;white  men are rather insecure  and are blatantly racist. If you are better than them, they see you as a threat. If am sexually harassed by a black male, I could always negotiate a deal with him; white men don't give you any leeway.  What do you think?

This is a complex one .So many questions needed to be asked , but I have one until later .
What does ' negotiate ' mean in that setting ?
I just want to know .

#3 Mar 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:
Calypso wrote:

This is a complex one .So many questions needed to be asked , but I have one until later .
I just want to know .

If a black man tries to get in your drawers, you could talk him out of it without having your career ruined. Don't play innocent with me.

#4 Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't agree with your premise at all.  But let's say I did.  Even then, it is worthless.  Even if what you say is true, the variability among individuals is so great it is irrelevant.

Here is a graph that shows that black men and white women are slightly better bosses on average.  Each bar represents the aggregation of millions of people. 

See? Almost any individual black man or white woman could be far worse than any individual white man or black woman. 

Untitled.png

The point is that we need to start looking at people as individuals and not as averages of one or two particular demographic attributes.

#5 Mar 09, 2018 7:03 pm

houston
Active

Graphs and pie charts are for politicians and well paid scientists. The data collected rarely reflects any actual truth. The problem with data collection is it can be so easily collected with a specific agenda in mind. Without honest, real life collection, the data is garbage.
Are there any charts and graphs that demonstrate how often charts and graphs are way out of whack with the real world?

#6 Mar 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Calypso
Active

houston wrote:

Graphs and pie charts are for politicians and well paid scientists. The data collected rarely reflects any actual truth. The problem with data collection is it can be so easily collected with a specific agenda in mind. Without honest, real life collection, the data is garbage.
Are there any charts and graphs that demonstrate how often charts and graphs are way out of whack with the real world?

I am talking about personall experiences and the experiences of  my friends. We all agreed that White men are horrible and black women are equally worst!!

#7 Mar 09, 2018 8:18 pm

houston
Active

Calypso, I think that if you feel sexually harrased by anyone you should report it to upper management, human resources or the police, rather than negotiate.

#8 Mar 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

My graph doesn't represent reality, data collection or any sense is it supposed to reflect the real world.  It just makes it easier to explain that people have enough standard deviation that averages tell you nothing about individuals.  Again, I don't represent that the graph is reality.

#9 Mar 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Slice
Active

I think I posted something very similar sometime ago.  I hear what RD is saying, but my experiences are somewhat different.  I have never ever had ah black boss, man or woman that I like.  First of all Black men and women in the Baltimore are, are kibnda different, they see us as threats.  White folks on the other hand are very knowledgeable and treat us West Indians much better.

I would think that black folks in Brooklyn and lets say Toronto are very different, they are much more open, but not here in Baltimore, especially Baltimore City.

Wifee works for an investment company here in Baltimore County, and from the very first day she started working, this one White guy, open his heart and soul to us.

Then there was the day, when everyone of my black bosses watch me stand on the Bus stop, in the snow and would not give me a ride.  Then this white boss pulled up and took me home.  Needless to say, me and him became real close friends.  When I became his boss, we remain friends.

This is one topic I can write ah book about, believe me my experiences with Black Americans, especially black men as bosses were not pleasant.

#10 Mar 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Slice
Active

Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:
Calypso wrote:

I just want to know .

If a black man tries to get in your drawers, you could talk him out of it without having your career ruined. Don't play innocent with me.

Ah wonder if it is Black woman  try to get in her drawers what she go do?  For some reason ah just tink Dancer is gay, ah might be wrong, but, this is my story and ah sticking with it.

Last edited by Slice (Mar 09, 2018 8:45 pm)

Board footer