You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Mar 09, 2018 8:50 pm

houston
Active

Re: DO BLACK WOMEN AND WHITE MEN MAKE THE WORST BOSS?

Real Distwalker wrote:

My graph doesn't represent reality, data collection or any sense is it supposed to reflect the real world.  It just makes it easier to explain that people have enough standard deviation that averages tell you nothing about individuals.  Again, I don't represent that the graph is reality.

Got it now, that was a chart.

#12 Mar 10, 2018 8:11 am

Dancer
Active

Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:

This is a complex one .So many questions needed to be asked , but I have one until later .
What does ' negotiate ' mean in that setting ?
I just want to know .

If a black man tries to get in your drawers, you could talk him out of it without having your career ruined. Don't play innocent with me.

Ah wonder if it is Black woman  try to get in her drawers what she go do?  For some reason ah just tink Dancer is gay, ah might be wrong, but, this is my story and ah sticking with it.

...................XX

I understand that Slice is confused most of the time , but to see calypso fall into  that morass of uncertainty ,   is plain  unbelievable .
What a sad day.
My only friend..... ahh...
sitting in the twilight zone.

#13 Mar 10, 2018 8:36 am

Dancer
Active

Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Guys, I had a conversation about this topic with my friends recently.  I told them that the best bosses I've had in my career were black men and white women. I've noticed how they work with a staff really well. Black women and white men have a tendency to ruin your careers. Black women bosses go at your viciously;white  men are rather insecure  and are blatantly racist. If you are better than them, they see you as a threat. If am sexually harassed by a black male, I could always negotiate a deal with him; white men don't give you any leeway.  What do you think?

This is a complex one .So many questions needed to be asked , but I have one until later .
What does ' negotiate ' mean in that setting ?
I just want to know .

If a black man tries to get in your drawers, you could talk him out of it without having your career ruined. Don't play innocent with me.

Innocent  ?    I am not playing innocent , I am just uninformed . lol
But let us  stick to the  word (negotiate ) and houston's suggestion to deal with it .

...anyhow your  suggestion   for me  - - 'blows my mind'.

LOL.

#14 Mar 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Expat
Active

Sometimes it just depends on where you are in the spectrum.

Who do I blame if i have a problem with a White boss? Am I going to think a Black Boss is grandstanding at my expense, or could they just be having a bad day, and I am paying for it.

My most intimidating boss other than the Wife was Hong Kong Chinese, so how does that fit in the kaleidoscope.

I remember a previous partner (Black) reporting back that another employee also Black was complaining strongly that the Boss was treating her unfairly. Yet my partner, and other workmates agreed with the Boss that she was useless at her job, and just playing the race card. This was back in the 70's.

#15 Mar 11, 2018 6:05 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

Who do I blame if i have a problem with a White boss? Am I going to think a Black Boss is grandstanding at my expense, or could they just be having a bad day, and I am paying for it.

My most intimidating boss other than the Wife was Hong Kong Chinese, so how does that fit in the kaleidoscope.

I remember a previous partner (Black) reporting back that another employee also Black was complaining strongly that the Boss was treating her unfairly. Yet my partner, and other workmates agreed with the Boss that she was useless at her job, and just playing the race card. This was back in the 70's.

In the United States many bosses are overwhelming white men. They are the engineers of racism and racial attitudes. They will always promote their women even if she is incompetent. (I am not saying that white women are all incompetent for many are very bright but I've been in situations where they are fucking dumb but get promoted because they are white.) The white woman has the confidence knowing that her white skin means "power" and there is no need to be insecure The white male boss is the culprit and powerhouse and he feels threatened if a minority knows more than he does-- even if its the best interest of  the company. Black women who are stereotyped as being "masculine" by the white man is very insecure and sees other women, particularly, other black women as a threat. Forget it if the black woman is attractive and competent. ( If the black woman is attractive and competent, the predatory white male will want to sleep with her, which is gross).  The black woman feels pressured to treat her black c0-workers nicely for she fears she might not get ahead. She will favor her white workers but ignore the blacks. Black men, who have longed being stereotyped by white men as only being good "fuckers" with no brains has to prove himself. Yet he is a man. Some are excellent at what they do and are superior human beings to the white man.  The black man is a man and is more kind and sensitive at the workplace. He knows how to keep a staff together and not divide it. In my experience this is what I've observed. I have had the best black male bosses and white women are not so bad. White men are the pits then comes black women. As a result, I have learned to change my outlook as to how I behave.

#16 Mar 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

In the United States many bosses are overwhelming white men. They are the engineers of racism and racial attitudes. They will always promote their women even if she is incompetent. (I am not saying that white women are all incompetent for many are very bright but I've been in situations where they are fucking dumb but get promoted because they are white.) The white woman has the confidence knowing that her white skin means "power" and there is no need to be insecure The white male boss is the culprit and powerhouse and he feels threatened if a minority knows more than he does-- even if its the best interest of  the company. Black women who are stereotyped as being "masculine" by the white man is very insecure and sees other women, particularly, other black women as a threat. Forget it if the black woman is attractive and competent. ( If the black woman is attractive and competent, the predatory white male will want to sleep with her, which is gross).  The black woman feels pressured to treat her black c0-workers nicely for she fears she might not get ahead. She will favor her white workers but ignore the blacks. Black men, who have longed being stereotyped by white men as only being good "fuckers" with no brains has to prove himself. Yet he is a man. Some are excellent at what they do and are superior human beings to the white man.  The black man is a man and is more kind and sensitive at the workplace. He knows how to keep a staff together and not divide it. In my experience this is what I've observed. I have had the best black male bosses and white women are not so bad. White men are the pits then comes black women. As a result, I have learned to change my outlook as to how I behave.

This sounds like your perceptions based on your experience, and your rationalisation of situations. I would suspect your empathy to Black Bosses has more to do with cultural synergies, and the way you bat your eyelashes at them rather than differences between Black and White bosses. Similarly finding white women better than Black ones. The Black ones know where you are coming from, and don't give you the latitude the white ones do.

I suspect you may be a reincarnation of the woman my ex partner was referring to.

#17 Mar 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

This sounds like your perceptions based on your experience, and your rationalisation of situations. I would suspect your empathy to Black Bosses has more to do with cultural synergies, and the way you bat your eyelashes at them rather than differences between Black and White bosses. Similarly finding white women better than Black ones. The Black ones know where you are coming from, and don't give you the latitude the white ones do.

I suspect you may be a reincarnation of the woman my ex partner was referring to.

I did say that in my personal experience. I get more attitudes from black bosses because they view you as competition.

#18 Mar 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

I did say that in my personal experience. I get more attitudes from black bosses because they view you as competition.

Black female bosses maybe, but you thought Black males were the cats whiskers. Which plays to what I said.

Board footer