You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Calypso
Active

A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

Just wanted you all to know that if you go on the subways now in NYC, you'll be alarmed to see the number of young black males who are homeless, Some have psychological problems. Black males are the most neglected of all groups. Black women are  more better off, education-wise and employment-wise. It breaks my heart to see that the next generation of us is so hopeless. What can be done about it? The Mayor has a solution: build more homeless shelters. What a horrible solution! How can this problems lessen?


?http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/stop-treating-homeless-criminals-article-1.1905517

Last edited by Calypso (Mar 11, 2018 2:13 pm)

Offline

#2 Mar 11, 2018 5:15 pm

houston
Active

Re: A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

That is a result of the black male population being treated like secondary citizens for decades.

Offline

#3 Mar 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

houston wrote:

That is a result of the black male population being treated like secondary citizens for decades.

yes, you are correct. But white America does not give a damned but we should. There should be a campaign to boost the moral of black males How can it be done?

Offline

#4 Mar 11, 2018 5:44 pm

houston
Active

Re: A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

Leave it to the youth, they know better than you and I.

Offline

#5 Mar 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

houston wrote:

Leave it to the youth, they know better than you and I.

I guess you are right. It's their problem so they should find the solution!!

Offline

#6 Mar 11, 2018 7:18 pm

houston
Active

Re: A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

What would your solution be?

Offline

#7 Mar 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

You wake , you bathe , you go to work ,
You come home ,  some   R & R
You sleep
You wake , you bathe , you go to work,
Is that all there is ?


You are correct , before in the big city  - one or two  black guys , miles apart  .  The white guys had that homeless thing down pat.
Now  every  5/10  blocks or so , a black face.
But what is more surprising is the increase of homelessness in the islands.
" I remarked to this person , looks like  New York"

Much unemployment in the world , how can we make it easier to  EARN  a living  and pay our human needs ?

Offline

#8 Mar 12, 2018 6:59 am

Slice
Active

Re: A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

I thought more than any other city, New York was doing the most for the homeless?  My sister-in-law work for the city of Brooklyn homeess and she stays very busy.

Watching a event and PBS, and what it is truly amazing about Africa civilization.  One of the things I have learnt, is that Africans sold more slaves in Africa than Europeans.

Offline

#9 Mar 12, 2018 9:43 am

Expat
Active

Re: A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

Calypso wrote:

Just wanted you all to know that if you go on the subways now in NYC, you'll be alarmed to see the number of young black males who are homeless, Some have psychological problems. Black males are the most neglected of all groups. Black women are  more better off, education-wise and employment-wise. It breaks my heart to see that the next generation of us is so hopeless. What can be done about it? The Mayor has a solution: build more homeless shelters. What a horrible solution! How can this problems lessen?


?http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/stop-treating-homeless-criminals-article-1.1905517


I am definitely going to be contraversial, but I do not believe unpalatable things should be shied away from.

There WILL be numbers of mentally affected people in among those individuals who are outside the comfort of accommodation, this is universal, and has nothing particularly to do with colour. Likewise there will be those that have had mishaps in their life.... splitting up from, and probably being financially stripped naked by a grasping wife, or losing their job, and becoming destitute. Drug victims again come in all shapes and colours. This is also universal.

These are areas where increasing accommodation for people to try to reconnect with society is a great and worthwhile idea, and should not be poo pood.

The unpalatable part of the comment I am about to make is this. Historically a disproportionate number of black male children are hard headed, and unwilling to learn. They feel it is more important to be macho and tough among their peers rather than elevate themselves by education. They are disruptive in classes and become failures. Some will try and blame the schools for failing them.... and perhaps the schools could do better.... but if the parents either cant be bothered, or are unable to incentivise their children it is a bit unfair to lump all the blame on the system.Note I did say disproportionate, I am not saying they alone in being disruptive, but that proportionally there are more.

The increasing numbers of young Black men in the subways are probably reaping the whirlwind they created. Some people are born stupid, and can be sympathised with, others work at stupidity, and should man up and take responsability.

Perhaps if less girls were soft headed, and kept their panties on longer there wouldn't be so many one parent families where the children do not get the best advice and assistance. Maybe the Black community should look to itself for answers?

If this is a new phenomenon where Whites were originally masters of the condition maybe Blacks are finally getting equality?

As I alluded to with the comment about girls panties, if there were more stable family units, wider use of mentors, and a functional community as in "it takes a village to raise a child" the children might grow to be better people.

Offline

#10 Mar 12, 2018 10:01 am

Expat
Active

Re: A LARGE, HOMELESS, bLACK MALE POPULATION IS NOW VISIBLE IN NYC

Slice wrote:

I thought more than any other city, New York was doing the most for the homeless?  My sister-in-law work for the city of Brooklyn homeess and she stays very busy.

Watching a event and PBS, and what it is truly amazing about Africa civilization.  One of the things I have learnt, is that Africans sold more slaves in Africa than Europeans.



There is no diminishing the horrors of the "Slave Trade". But just for scale, lets compare the ancient slave trade and the modern one.

TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVE VOYAGES. Over the period of the Atlantic Slave Trade, from approximately 1526 to 1867, some 12.5 million slaves had been shipped from Africa, and 10.7 million had arrived in the Americas. ... So that's over 341 years.

Currently an estimated 40.3 million people were victims of modern slavery in 2016, a quarter of them children, according to new global slavery statistics released today.

So yesterday,TODAY, and tomorrow there are 3 times the number that took nearly 350 years to ship. All colours, religions, and sexes and ages.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB