You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Calypso
Active

A Mural by The Sea by Dawad Phillips

[Dancer,  I met this fine poet from Trinidad in my 20s when I was an intern at The Daily Challenge in Bed-Stuy. I gave me a copy of his poem: A Mural by The Sea--the original version. I kept it in my heart for some thirty years.  I looked for him and wondered if he became another Derek Walcott for he is very good. He just published a book of poetry and its worth reading. I bought a copy and found him on Facebook living back in his native Trinidad. He is coming to NY in May to do a signing and I will be there.

ttps://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-mural-by-the-sea-dawad-philip/1126530016

Last edited by Calypso (Mar 19, 2018 9:26 pm)

#2 Mar 20, 2018 8:08 am

Dancer
Active

Re: A Mural by The Sea by Dawad Phillips

A nice story Calypso . I guess you will be letting him know he is heart felt  , cool.
If I was in NYC I would be going to that book signing  myself.  lo.
I did see/ checked  him ,  on a U Tube 6 mins video 'Sando Proper' from the Mural by the sea.

Bed-Stuy eh ?  I used to live on Arlington Place and Jefferson Ave in a couple of those one room rentals , share the kitchen , while going to college in 75. ...... remembering...lol.

HERE ..... I must draw your attention to houston's post  ** interesting debate posted yesterday***
"It is not for Juveniles  and here is hoping you can handle the truth"
Don't forget to share it with your friends and please keep the cursing to the minimum.
Thank you.

#3 Mar 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

A nice story Calypso . I guess you will be letting him know he is heart felt  , cool.
If I was in NYC I would be going to that book signing  myself.  lo.
I did see/ checked  him ,  on a U Tube 6 mins video 'Sando Proper' from the Mural by the sea.

Bed-Stuy eh ?  I used to live on Arlington Place and Jefferson Ave in a couple of those one room rentals , share the kitchen , while going to college in 75. ...... remembering...lol.

HERE ..... I must draw your attention to houston's post  ** interesting debate posted yesterday***
"It is not for Juveniles  and here is hoping you can handle the truth"
Don't forget to share it with your friends and please keep the cursing to the minimum.
Thank you.

I saw the video too, Sando Proper, which is a name for San Fernando. The mythical carnival figure add an interesting touch for I did not visualize it that way.

#4 Apr 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Yelsukovsn
Banned

Russias black Sea Fleet played a huge role in the Battle for the Crimea.  will it be represented in Axis and Allies 1949 Global?

Board footer