You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Mar 20, 2018 6:32 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: I suppose "bombs don't kill people"...

Oh Jesus friggin Christ, I hope you're being deliberately obtuse here: I wasn't "actually" talking about bombs, I was using bombs as an analogy, to make a (seemingly) ridiculous comparison to America's real problem. Which isn't bombs, can you guess what it is? What doesn't kill people?

#12 Mar 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

America's real problem. Which isn't bombs, can you guess what it is?

Opiate addiction? Obesity? Automobile deaths?

#13 Mar 20, 2018 6:53 pm

New Historian
Active

Let me ask you a question: Of all the legal-beagle American gun owners like you, proper white people from Iowa, what percentage of them, do you think, have ever "fired their gun in anger"? Have needed to, to defend them or theirs, against the "armed bad hombres" out there - what percent? One? Two? Five?

#14 Mar 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Less than one percent if you don't include military service.

#15 Mar 20, 2018 7:25 pm

New Historian
Active

So all the carnage that America's rampant gun ownership directly causes - including the carnage to their idiot owners themselves - is all worth it, so that less than one percent of all legal gun owners can defend themselves? Many more people have been killed by their guns than have successfully themselves with their guns. Any way you look at the numbers, America loses. But you don't care one shit about all that carnage, just so that in that once in a million case, you may actually need it.

You people are so selfish it's sick.

Last edited by New Historian (Mar 20, 2018 7:27 pm)

#16 Mar 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

How many times are crimes deterred because the bad guys know the good guys are armed?   I'd say that things are pretty orderly around here because the bad guys know that acting out might get them shot.   An armed society is a polite society.

Have you ever noticed that nobody ever robs or shoots up a gun show?

Again, bro, you can yell at me all you want.  I didn't create American gun culture.  I was born into it and I have no ability to change it.

#17 Mar 20, 2018 8:28 pm

Expat
Active

I have only one critique of the examples, which was the two good old boys with their antique rifles.

You yourself said they are not that accurate, and yet they are going to hunt.... one shot at a time with a gun that couldn't be reloaded quickly and used to catch an injured animal in flight.

#18 Mar 20, 2018 10:09 pm

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

How many times are crimes deterred because the bad guys know the good guys are armed?   I'd say that things are pretty orderly around here because the bad guys know that acting out might get them shot.   An armed society is a polite society.

Have you ever noticed that nobody ever robs or shoots up a gun show?

Again, bro, you can yell at me all you want.  I didn't create American gun culture.  I was born into it and I have no ability to change it.

-Have you ever noticed that nobody ever robs or shoots up a gun show?

What the Hell is that? Why would a gun junkie shoot up a gun show? The very place where any psycho nut can purchase enough weapons to do more damage than a small army.

#19 Mar 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Everybody knows that if you try to shoot up a gun show, you will end up deader than fried chicken in about ten seconds flat.

#20 Mar 20, 2018 10:27 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

I have only one critique of the examples, which was the two good old boys with their antique rifles.

You yourself said they are not that accurate, and yet they are going to hunt.... one shot at a time with a gun that couldn't be reloaded quickly and used to catch an injured animal in flight.

There is a lot of deer hunting done with bows and muzzle loaders in Iowa.   Bow and muzzle loader seasons for deer last weeks.  Modern firearms deer hunting season is only a few days.

Board footer