You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Mar 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

It is springtime!

Since it is springtime in Iowa, I drove into town and took some video today.

#2 Mar 24, 2018 7:08 pm

Vanni
Active

Re: It is springtime!

Woow! Merry Christmas RD smile

We've had a shy start into spring in February, and then the cold hit us with rock hard ground for the past week among others. And suddenly today it's getting mild, and we've been taking the spring sun ... it was such a relief!

#3 Mar 24, 2018 8:16 pm

houston
Active

Very nice drive RD.
This is Spring in Ontario...yeah, I burned the kabobs a bit but they sure tasted good over a bed of rice.

20180317_181412.jpg

#4 Mar 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Since it is springtime in Iowa, I drove into town and took some video today.

Looking a bit over confident to me chum, hence slide at junction.

Seen a lot of snow driving accidents in good old Ruskie and USA on UTube, and real F.ups seem to come out of nowhere.

Maybe you have 4 wheel drive?  The only 4 wheel drive I have trusted was the old Landrover.... none of your electronic juggle it thingy.... good old solid whirring gears. My Rav4 with its supposed 4 wheel drive is total crap.

#5 Mar 25, 2018 10:00 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It is a Toyota Tundra and it was in full time four wheel drive. 

There was nobody at that intersection and it was plenty wide so a gunned it to see how much slide there would be.   It is good to test the limits now and then by accelerating fast or braking hard.  It let's you know where things start going bad.  I have been driving in these conditions for 35 years.  In other words, it was no accident.

If you watched until the 3:00 mark, you saw some people who were having trouble, however.

It was warm with greening grass last week.  It will be 60F or 16C by Wednesday.  That's the nice thing about springtime snow.  You know it won't last.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Mar 25, 2018 10:41 am)

Board footer