You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Mar 31, 2018 1:15 pm

Dancer
Active

Teachers are striking all over

What is going on all over the USA , East to West.

Teachers work extra hours to pay the bills.

Part-time Pole dancing  skyrockets  , while the students protest -  NRA.

#2 Mar 31, 2018 1:24 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Teachers are striking all over

They could do pole dancing classes!

#3 Mar 31, 2018 1:37 pm

Dancer
Active

Yep ! lol.

I was thinking New Historian should  be doing a spot of sailing this long weekend . The schooner  on dry dock ... about time. lol.

#4 Mar 31, 2018 4:21 pm

New Historian
Active

No such luck *hangs head*. Good sailing weather: windy and rainy!

#5 Apr 01, 2018 6:48 pm

gripe
Active

The salary problem that teachers face is quite serious. Some teachers have difficulties paying their rent. As an example, "Amid a wide gap between modest teacher salaries and Miami’s high housing prices, the county has a new plan: build apartments on school property and let faculty live there."  See the story here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c … 39799.html

#6 Apr 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

What is going on all over the USA , East to West.

Teachers work extra hours to pay the bills.

Part-time Pole dancing  skyrockets  , while the students protest -  NRA.

If I wasn't sexually inhibited, I would take  some extra pole dancing just to pay my bills.

#7 Apr 01, 2018 10:32 pm

Vanni
Active

Every moment of the day, we are being reminded that this world is built on principles which are not sustainable - it was an exploration, and it is reaching its conclusion.

We are being remembered that this society is dysfunctional. It's shouting it out louder and louder. It's no more about fixing the problem - it never was: it's about re-building on new foundations with the original values of Life. Those which, whenever they are getting involved, are bringing strength, health, fairness and happiness.

Last edited by Vanni (Apr 01, 2018 10:32 pm)

#8 Apr 02, 2018 3:52 am

Calypso
Active

Vanni wrote:

Every moment of the day, we are being reminded that this world is built on principles which are not sustainable - it was an exploration, and it is reaching its conclusion.

We are being remembered that this society is dysfunctional. It's shouting it out louder and louder. It's no more about fixing the problem - it never was: it's about re-building on new foundations with the original values of Life. Those which, whenever they are getting involved, are bringing strength, health, fairness and happiness.

I agree. When the Janus case is decided in April we will not win.  This will be the beginning of the end for many teachers. Many minority teachers will be pushed out of the system because of discrimination. You'll see the middle-class dwindles and the black population will suffer even more.  We ,this generation, have forgotten what it was like without the union. Blacks cannot afford to live without a union.  OUR PRINCIPLES ARE INDEED NOT SUSTAINALBE.

Last edited by Calypso (Apr 02, 2018 8:23 am)

#9 Apr 02, 2018 6:24 am

Dancer
Active

There is  this  little  group picnic/excursion  today , at this long beach park in the country . White sand , trees , trade winds.
Each person in the group brings something ,  sandwiches , chicken , rice and peas , juice , wine , vodka , rum , music.
The JA is invited , " Let the working on those inhibitions ... begin !

#10 Apr 02, 2018 8:24 am

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

There is  this  little  group picnic/excursion  today , at this long beach park in the country . White sand , trees , trade winds.
Each person in the group brings something ,  sandwiches , chicken , rice and peas , juice , wine , vodka , rum , music.
The JA is invited , " Let the working on those inhibitions ... begin !

When you speak of island life, you make me JEALOUS! Please refrain from it!

Board footer