You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 04, 2018 10:01 am

GMW
Active

On 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s death, Tom Brokaw!

I wonder what he'd be thinking had he been here today.

https://www.today.com/video/on-50th-ann … 2234947629

#2 Apr 04, 2018 10:07 am

Calypso
Active

Re: On 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s death, Tom Brokaw!

GMW wrote:

FCUK MLK and let's talk about Winnie Mandela!!

#3 Apr 04, 2018 12:03 pm

GMW
Active

>>FCUK MLK and let's talk about Winnie Mandela!!<<

Nope! You go FCUK MLK for yourself. I don't have time for flying filth.

And don't tell me who to talk about. By your tone I'm not interested in no "let's talk" with you.

Respect!

#4 Apr 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Calypso
Active

GMW wrote:

And don't tell me who to talk about. By your tone I'm not interested in no "let's talk" with you.

Respect!

Respect! Winnie Mandela died. Are you trying to tell me that she has not contributed to blacks struggles just like King? This is an example of the blatant SEXISM ON TALKSHOP!!! The figure who is larger than life, even more so than King has gone unrecognized by you all. Wasn't it Winnie who fought to keep her husband's cause alive for some twenty years? When he emerged out of prison she was pushed in the background and abandoned by Mandela. The white government and the ANC put pressure on him to let her go.

You sound like a mere boy but remember that you came through a WOMAN, your mother! Recognize the full contribution of Black women. King is past history. You males are pretending that Winnie did not even existed.

Last edited by Calypso (Apr 04, 2018 3:19 pm)

#5 Apr 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Dancer
Active

Calypso wrote:
GMW wrote:

FCUK MLK and let's talk about Winnie Mandela!!

" What is your problem  Calypso. You are way out of line.
We understand that you may seem to have ,  some underlying , unfinished business with males . But I cannot sit still and hear you disrespecting MLK contribution .
What are you fighting for , I wonder ...  only  females ?
MLK, The X , Kids bombed in Church  in the South , Marley , Mandela , Biko ,  Winnie , ....and the list goes on.
"so straighten up and fly right"

#6 Apr 04, 2018 4:17 pm

New Historian
Active

Calypso wrote:
GMW wrote:

Respect!

Respect! Winnie Mandela died. Are you trying to tell me that she has not contributed to blacks struggles just like King? This is an example of the blatant SEXISM ON TALKSHOP!!! The figure who is larger than life, even more so than King has gone unrecognized by you all. Wasn't it Winnie who fought to keep her husband's cause alive for some twenty years? When he emerged out of prison she was pushed in the background and abandoned by Mandela. The white government and the ANC put pressure on him to let her go.

You sound like a mere boy but remember that you came through a WOMAN, your mother! Recognize the full contribution of Black women. King is past history. You males are pretending that Winnie did not even existed.

You're right.

But calm down nuh, stop the fussing and fighting, as Bob said.

#7 Apr 06, 2018 11:02 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:
Calypso wrote:
GMW wrote:

Respect!

You're right.

But calm down nuh, stop the fussing and fighting, as Bob said.

Thank you for admitting that I am right, and I'll calm down just for you!

Board footer