You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 05, 2018 6:07 am

Dancer
Active

So You Want To Rant and Rave .... (theCitizen.coza/News/SouthAfrica)

Here is one for you  Calypso .
You must have read about this South African white woman that was given 3 years for demeaning racist comments.
Let's hear you on her court appearance yesterday ;
* Convicted racist Vicki Monberg raised eyebrows - and - many questions , when she appeared in court  with her hair done in cornrows yesterday.

...............story Amanda Watson.  " Momberg  May Have Dug Herself A Deeper Hole "

#2 Apr 05, 2018 8:05 am

Calypso
Active

Re: So You Want To Rant and Rave .... (theCitizen.coza/News/SouthAfrica)

Dancer wrote:

You must have read about this South African white woman that was given 3 years for demeaning racist comments.
* Convicted racist Vicki Monberg raised eyebrows - and - many questions , when she appeared in court  with her hair done in cornrows yesterday.

...............story Amanda Watson.  " Momberg  May Have Dug Herself A Deeper Hole "

Ms Monberg has been sentenced to two years in jail for using the word "Kafir "or Ni66er 48 times. That is very good time to spend in jail for racial abuse. Black South Africans must demand respect from the white minority as they forge and take their rightful place in THEIR country.

#3 Apr 06, 2018 9:40 am

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:

Ms Monberg has been sentenced to two years in jail for using the word "Kafir "or Ni66er 48 times. That is very good time to spend in jail for racial abuse. Black South Africans must demand respect from the white minority as they forge and take their rightful place in THEIR country.

Know NOTHING about the lady, and her issues, but one comment springs to mind.
>>Africans must demand respect from the white minority as they forge and take their rightful place in THEIR country.<<

I don't know about you, but when I see people come to MY country of birth, and have several generations of children I respect their viewpoint that it is also THEIR country, and I am sure you in your position would say the same about your relatives when they are building families in foreign.

What ever faults some... and we could also say many of the White South Africans had there were also a lot who were either ambivalent, or actively against apartheid and its unpleasant issues. Likewise while there were plantations that were truly the result of theft, connivance, exploitation etc as per Rhodesia in the latter stages ownership would have been by transaction. This does not mean there should not be some redress, but simply means like the purchaser of a stolen car, removal from the final, owner is as unjust as the original theft.

#4 Apr 06, 2018 10:57 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:

>>Africans must demand respect from the white minority as they forge and take their rightful place in THEIR country.<<

I don't know about you, but when I see people come to MY country of birth, and have several generations of children I respect their viewpoint that it is also THEIR country, and I am sure you in your position would say the same about your relatives when they are building families in foreign.

What ever faults some... and we could also say many of the White South Africans had there were also a lot who were either ambivalent, or actively against apartheid and its unpleasant issues. Likewise while there were plantations that were truly the result of theft, connivance, exploitation etc as per Rhodesia in the latter stages ownership would have been by transaction. This does not mean there should not be some redress, but simply means like the purchaser of a stolen car, removal from the final, owner is as unjust as the original theft.

South Africa has never been established as a black nation. At the turn of  the last century European nations like England, Germany, Belgium, Portugal, France, Spain, etc divided up the continent and subjected the Africans to servitude. They fought  long and bloody wars to free themselves. Africa is a black continent just like Europe is a white continent. Nowadays the focus of racial and cultural identity as been shitted as immigrants from other lands migrate and set up  roots in other nations. Blacks were in Africa first and deserve to be respected if they are in position of authority. Whites have never granted us that privilege. As South Africa tries to build a generation of blacks who will become millionaires and professionals, they have to demand RESPRCT from the white minority. MAJORITY RULES! That is why America is called "WHITE AMERICA' FOR THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A PLACE FOR BLACKS!

#5 Apr 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

South Africa has never been established as a black nation. At the turn of  the last century European nations like England, Germany, Belgium, Portugal, France, Spain, etc divided up the continent and subjected the Africans to servitude. They fought  long and bloody wars to free themselves. Africa is a black continent just like Europe is a white continent. Nowadays the focus of racial and cultural identity as been shitted as immigrants from other lands migrate and set up  roots in other nations. Blacks were in Africa first and deserve to be respected if they are in position of authority. Whites have never granted us that privilege. As South Africa tries to build a generation of blacks who will become millionaires and professionals, they have to demand RESPRCT from the white minority. MAJORITY RULES! That is why America is called "WHITE AMERICA' FOR THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A PLACE FOR BLACKS!

Somewhere in the distant past I recall an observation put to me that the VAST majority of the South Africans as in Indigenous African, MOVED to South Africa from further North to follow the work that was created by the mining, and that "African" populations in that area originally were sparse. Rather like the 49ers of the American Gold Rush.

#6 Apr 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Calypso wrote:

That is why America is called "WHITE AMERICA' FOR THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A PLACE FOR BLACKS!

Untitled-3.jpg

#7 Apr 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Somewhere in the distant past I recall an observation put to me that the VAST majority of the South Africans as in Indigenous African, MOVED to South Africa from further North to follow the work that was created by the mining, and that "African" populations in that area originally were sparse. Rather like the 49ers of the American Gold Rush.

Blast, RD!! you are missing the point. Blacks were sitting on a gold mine in South Africa and didn't know it because their economic value system was different from the whites. Diamonds and other precious stones meant nothing to most of the uneducated mass. When the English arrived, under Queen Victoria's empire, they forced the Africans into servitude. Their ignorance about a dominating power caused them to live a life of servitude. Europe was built on  greed and strife as the nations warred against each other.

#8 Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Blast, RD!! you are missing the point. Blacks were sitting on a gold mine in South Africa and didn't know it because their economic value system was different from the whites. Diamonds and other precious stones meant nothing to most of the uneducated mass. When the English arrived, under Queen Victoria's empire, they forced the Africans into servitude. Their ignorance about a dominating power caused them to live a life of servitude. Europe was built on  greed and strife as the nations warred against each other.

Yes that is true, but where did that just be a European thing, The "Africans" were having inter tribal deputes since the dawn of man, the only difference now is that some of the disputes have been created by European made boundaries, but "Africans" have been fighting as stated just the same as Europeans. All I hear is bad losers.

So you want to blame people for getting the better of you? Shouldn't you blame yourselves for letting it happen?

#9 Apr 08, 2018 7:22 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Yes that is true, but where did that just be a European thing, The "Africans" were having inter tribal deputes since the dawn of man, the only difference now is that some of the disputes have been created by European made boundaries, but "Africans" have been fighting as stated just the same as Europeans. All I hear is bad losers.

So you want to blame people for getting the better of you? Shouldn't you blame yourselves for letting it happen?

The Europeans professed to be a superior race. Their violence  and other atrocities only showed us that they are inferior!! Like the Native Americans, our kindness and stupidity caused us to be captured!

Board footer