You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 06, 2018 12:30 pm

Calypso
Active

OUT OF WEDLOCK BIRTHS ON THE RAMPAGE--MOSTLY AMONG BLACKS AND LATINOS

Latest Statistics on Out-of-Wedlock Births
By Roger Clegg

October 11, 2013 1:53 PM

With little fanfare, the federal government has posted its annual compilation of birth data, including out-of-wedlock births. Here’s the bad news (essentially unchanged from last year): Preliminary data indicate that 40.7 percent of all 2012 births were out-of-wedlock, which is appalling, and there are vast differences among racial and ethnic groups. Among non-Hispanic blacks, the figure is highest, at 72.2 percent; for American Indians/Alaska Natives, it’s 66.9 percent; 53.5 percent for Hispanics; 29.4 percent for non-Hispanic whites; and a mere 17.1 percent for Asians/Pacific Islanders.

In family, there is strength and unity.  The black family is at its worst!

#2 Apr 06, 2018 3:39 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: OUT OF WEDLOCK BIRTHS ON THE RAMPAGE--MOSTLY AMONG BLACKS AND LATINOS

Isn't this distinction outdated? It's not "wedlock" that counts, it's family; many committed couples nowadays choose not to get married, that doesn't mean they're not a family. I get you about family life, but I know MANY "out of wedlock" families who are real families, with fathers who may not be there 24/7, but there are there when it counts for their kids.

#3 Apr 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Isn't this distinction outdated? It's not "wedlock" that counts, it's family; many committed couples nowadays choose not to get married, that doesn't mean they're not a family. I get you about family life, but I know MANY "out of wedlock" families who are real families, with fathers who may not be there 24/7, but there are there when it counts for their kids.

You are immoral!! If you want to have children, please get married.

#4 Apr 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Calypso
Active

#5 Apr 06, 2018 11:02 pm

New Historian
Active

I am immoral? Jeez, talk about how to spoil a beautiful friendship. I never knew you were Mother Superior in disguise. I don't know what kind of perfect and morally correct upbringing you had, and I should probably be jealous, but open your eyes. In the rough-and-tumble world of Caribbean life, things don't work that way. Slavery casts a long shadow. Why do Caribbean Indians have much more family life than blacks? Ask yourself: who were slaves, and who weren't?

So enough with the brimstone already, nobody, and I would dare say you too, is "morally perfect", so ease up on the stone-throwing.

#6 Apr 07, 2018 12:39 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

I am immoral? Jeez, talk about how to spoil a beautiful friendship. I never knew you were Mother Superior in disguise. I don't know what kind of perfect and morally correct upbringing you had, and I should probably be jealous, but open your eyes. In the rough-and-tumble world of Caribbean life, things don't work that way. Slavery casts a long shadow. Why do Caribbean Indians have much more family life than blacks? Ask yourself: who were slaves, and who weren't?

So enough with the brimstone already, nobody, and I would dare say you too, is "morally perfect", so ease up on the stone-throwing.

We are awful with out -of- wedlock children in the Caribbean. My parents were married before all four of us were born for my father-- not my mother-- insisted that they they were and that we were all from the same unity. This was something instilled in him by his family. When we try to fix society, we should fix the structures that weaken us. Marriage is something good whenever children are involved. I knew that having children out- of -wedlock would never have been welcomed in my family so I never dear do it! We accept this state in the Caribbean. Just look at life in that part of the world and you'll just see the effect! So much bastard children. If we were a Catholic nation, we might have been stronger. The Catholic church is big on family structure. I understand that it is the effect of slavery but if we were conscious on improving it, our society would have been better. Men are taught to womanize with no responsibility. The black race in general is highly irresponsible. We [f word], [f word], [f word], [f word] without a care in the world! No wonder we are the poorest of the poor with a lot of bastard children!

#7 Apr 07, 2018 1:38 am

New Historian
Active

I hate that word, bastard, it belongs in the dustbin of history, where it meant something, invariably negative. Modernize your thinking girl, welcome to the 21st century! Shame on people (like you, apparently) who want to stigmatize innocent children with your outdated moral hangups! They are not BASTARDS, they are CHILDREN, so what if their parents didn't stand in front of the hypocritical priest and swear vows they don't intend to keep? Children may suffer out of wedlock but they can suffer just as much - more - by growing up in a "perfectly married" home where their parents have long ago fallen out of love and just keep the sham of family life going "for the children".

You seem to have some unresolved issues there...

#8 Apr 07, 2018 6:36 am

Calypso
Active

No I do not have unresolved issues here but from looking at your moral make up I do see where the black family has gone wrong.  Do we in the black family fall in love or temporary lust? What does courtship, love and commitment mean to us as a people? Sure, many of us do not have concept of those words and it was not modelled for us but we could look at how other nations do it and seek help. Years ago I ran into an old pal who was a social worker in the black community. She is Haitian and been in her marriage for at least twenty years. She said that their is no courtship in black relationships only "booty calls." In our community, we do not know how to problem solve. As soon as an issue comes up we have to divorce and run away. Bastards! That's what we produce from our broken lust and lack of commitment! Let's get it together.

#9 Apr 07, 2018 7:55 am

Dancer
Active

New Historian I wonder if Calypso realizes how lucky  she is  to have TS men walk her through her fields of Demons and not having to pay a red-cent.
Male exploitation. ... plain and simple.
And still refused to understand simple words like KING.
I hope she keeps her promise  to you ,  and not fly off the handle ' lol .

But , who knows , I realized two minutes ago or yesterday , MLK  ends with   KING.
Lord '  this is so sad..
lol.

#10 Apr 07, 2018 8:07 am

Calypso
Active

Board footer