You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 09, 2018 9:32 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Cracking down on knives in the UK

The Independent wrote:

Anyone buying a knife online will be banned from having it sent to a residential address, under a government crackdown following a surge in street stabbings.

New legislation, to be brought forward within weeks, will also make it illegal to possess zombie knives and knuckledusters in private – or any knife on further education premises.

So I guess the principle in the UK is this:  Since some people are criminals and use knives in a criminal manner, you may not carry a knife or have one delivered to your home.

We can argue all day of anyone "needs" a gun but we absolutely, positively need knives of heaven's sake!

This is such a bizarre concept to me.  I have carried a pocket knife almost every day of my life since I was seven or eight years old but in the UK grown men who are stalwart members of their community, can't have them delivered to their homes.  So very strange.

Untitled.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p … 93686.html

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Apr 09, 2018 9:41 am)

#2 Apr 09, 2018 9:36 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Cracking down on knives in the UK

Knee-jerk reactions to appease the chattering classes.

#3 Apr 09, 2018 9:55 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't know what that means.

#4 Apr 09, 2018 10:22 am

Real Distwalker
Active

They really need to do something about people carrying a board with a nail in it.

#5 Apr 09, 2018 10:26 am

Real Distwalker
Active

C'mon.  Nobody needs that kind of cutlery!

Dalstrong-Steak-3FSSM-uai-720x480.jpg

This is the way civilized people do it!

ea0f2be2b7a367dfb3ca7294b23f9ac7.jpg

I was just kidding.  Civilized people don't eat meat.  Plus, that fork looks dangerous.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Apr 09, 2018 10:28 am)

#6 Apr 09, 2018 10:46 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Untitled.png

#7 Apr 09, 2018 11:28 am

New Historian
Active

Boy you're on a roll this morning. Stop flogging the poor horse nuh, de ting dead long time.

#8 Apr 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

This isn't a parody.  This is an actual police twitter account.

Untitled.png

#9 Apr 09, 2018 2:43 pm

New Historian
Active

Listen, American, you don't get it. Things in UK are a bit more subtle than over there, just because these items have been "banned" doesn't mean the police are going to mount roadblocks and shoot you on sight if caught with one. They know who they're going after, they're not going to stop some plumber going about his business with his toolbox. But when they catch "dem boys an dem" tooled up with this stuff, it gives them the legal power to do something about it.

Jeez.

#10 Apr 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Yeah, "dem boys and dem" could give a person a hell of a pinch with those pliers. big_smile

Board footer