You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 19, 2018 1:43 pm

gripe
Active

MJ's Death, Doctor Charged; Prince's Death, Doctor Fined: Explanation?

Just a careful look at the two unfortunate events shows how disturbing it is that the doctor(s) in Prince's death just escaped criminal prosecution (www.keloland.com/news/article/news/prince-s-doctor-fined-for-illegal-prescription) yet MJ's (Grenadian) doctor was criminally charged, convicted and spent time in jail for MJ's death ( https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/ … ray-guilty )

Life presents so many contradictions on so many occasions.

Last edited by gripe (Apr 19, 2018 2:00 pm)

#2 Apr 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Expat
Active

Re: MJ's Death, Doctor Charged; Prince's Death, Doctor Fined: Explanation?

No 2 cases are identical, and from what I read in the paper today there was no hard link to Princes doctor for the drugs involved. Whereas MJ's there was.

Final paragraph states.

His Lawyer said Dr Schulenberg is not a target in ANY criminal enquiry and there have been no allegations that he played any role in Princes death.

Also in the article Prince had a hard drug habit, and beat women when he was high, and had put several women in hospital. Nice guy.

Last edited by Expat (Apr 21, 2018 7:07 pm)

#3 Apr 21, 2018 8:07 pm

gripe
Active

It would be better for me to say that the doctors in each case were of different ethnicity. If you don't think that was a factor, you are being unrealistic. The race issue negates, in my mind, you waving the refusal to prosecute the doctor in Prince's death. The "ANY" reference rings very hollow to me. Remember, prosecutors have a great deal of discretion in bringing cases; you cannot tell me that as long as you have been around, you have not been surprised by refusals to prosecute based on mere refusals.

So, Expat, I am not convinced about what was done in the Prince investigation. (Next time, don't attack the dead, as you did Prince, to side with prosecutors.) I give you much more credit than the wholesale purchase of the leaky basket from the Prince prosecutor that you hyped.

#4 Apr 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Expat
Active

I only printed a snippet from the latest article about Prince. You are not defaming the dead if he has bags full of illegal substances around the house, and there are hospital records for the injured women.

There are far too many predatory individuals in the entertainment industry who have been loved by the masses, ones I could never think they would abuse children, but I aint going to stand up and defend them regardless simply because they sang two little boys on top of the pops 30 years ago.

Both victims were Black, the doctors ethnicity would not change the effort put in with a high profile death. Maybe with me and you, but they would have been looking over their shoulder as they reached their conclusions in case anyone with a race agenda might be able to punch holes in the case.

Board footer