You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Calypso
Active

Giving Back the Dignity to Child- Victims of Sex Crimes

It is rather intimidating  when an under-aged victim of a sexual crime is cross examined in court in front of the perpetrator. The child would be intimidated to speak up or even speak the  truth from fear of being victimized again. We must put our children first for they are the future-- the world's most precious resource. Grenada has the highest sex crimes in the Caribbean region and has been practicing an ancient  protocol where the victims of sex crimes are questioned in the court house in front of the rapist. But there is new hope. That is why we should invest in our youths so that they could fight to change things when its within their power to do so. There is a practicing barrister who wants Grenada to institute the Judicial Reform and Institutional Strengthening Project etiquette so that sex victims can be questioned in the judges chambers instead of the court house.  This procedure will benefit especially the children of these horrendous crimes.

http://thenewtoday.gd/local-news/2018/0 … #gsc.tab=0

Last edited by Calypso (Apr 19, 2018 9:51 pm)

#2 Apr 20, 2018 11:21 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Giving Back the Dignity to Child- Victims of Sex Crimes

Children's advocate now JA. Jerry Edwin is  on the mark.
Complaints I have noticed about the Caribbean Court system , discipline , lack of speed , (years) and if no money justice  delayed or ignored.
Reform long overdue.

...... But what intrigued me was the Editorial on your page.

The Way Forward ............  ah copying as is :

>> Has the National   Democratic  Party ( NDC)  started to do the stock taking as to why the party lost all 15 seats in the March 13 General Election ?                          .......... my addition  ...... AGAIN !

Over the years  my impression is that most members of TS favored the NDC. " Looks like they are way behind the times.
Get with it  Gripe. lol

#3 Apr 20, 2018 4:23 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Giving Back the Dignity to Child- Victims of Sex Crimes

Dancer wrote:

Children's advocate now JA. Jerry Edwin is  on the mark.
Complaints I have noticed about the Caribbean Court system , discipline , lack of speed , (years) and if no money justice  delayed or ignored.
Reform long overdue.

...... But what intrigued me was the Editorial on your page.

The Way Forward ............  ah copying as is :

>> Has the National   Democratic  Party ( NDC)  started to do the stock taking as to why the party lost all 15 seats in the March 13 General Election ?                          .......... my addition  ...... AGAIN !

Over the years  my impression is that most members of TS favored the NDC. " Looks like they are way behind the times.
Get with it  Gripe. lol

Quite frankly, Dancer, Grenadian men are very sexist even more than Jamaican men.  Anything affiliated with women and children seem to be ignored. I wonder why? Whenever the male population begin to see them as valued members of your society, they will make a change. Attacking women and children sexually is degrading! I wish the Caribbean had a homosexual culture like America so that when they abused a child and is sent to prison, hardened criminal would take advantage of them too.

Board footer