You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 May 08, 2018 12:16 am

Calypso
Active

Re: PINK PUSSYHATS:A SYMBOL OF UNITY OR DIVISION IN THE FEMINIST MOVEMENT?

New Historian wrote:

Which feminist would put up with Slice lol???

To be serious, just for one moment, there's something to be said for shock value - how else are you to grab headlines? You ever see the Great Wall?

http://www.greatwallofvagina.co.uk/home

Beautiful  article and sculpture. Like the pussyhat it shocks because it is so daring; it humiliates because of the subject. (This link would have gone unnoticed but when a man, Expat, sees its value then it become popular). It is powerful because it is making a statement: that  a woman's genital, a PUSSY, which is not sexual, but a representation of womanhood wants a powerful position in ruling the world!!

#12 May 08, 2018 7:52 am

Dancer
Active

I was going to leave the pink -pussy-hats alone  but a sentence caught my attention
>> ... a woman's genital , a PUSSY , which is not sexual , ( excuse me ? ), but a representation of woman hood  wants a powerful position in ruling the world. <<
If the JA could be much more clear in her thoughts , they would be appreciated .

#13 May 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

I was going to leave the pink -pussy-hats alone  but a sentence caught my attention
>> ... a woman's genital , a PUSSY , which is not sexual , ( excuse me ? ), but a representation of woman hood  wants a powerful position in ruling the world. <<
If the JA could be much more clear in her thoughts , they would be appreciated .

I was referring to the relief sculpture of the women's vulva. It was not presented in a sexual way but replicated as a symbol of the power in womanhood. You, who is chauvinistic in your attitudes toward the pussy pleasure a woman genital gives you, would take a rather carnal attitude. The artist, however, does not.  She is beckoning you to look at the pussy as a symbol of the power structure it has become.

Last edited by Calypso (May 08, 2018 5:58 pm)

#14 May 08, 2018 8:01 pm

New Historian
Active

"It is powerful because it is making a statement: that  a woman's genital, a PUSSY, which is not sexual, but a representation of womanhood wants a powerful position in ruling the world!!"

Now actually, I think that's a load of rubbish - with respect. What's the big statement about a pussy, half the freakin' world's got one, and we've all seen many. Some very many. Why not a wall of great dicks? No side needs to rule the world, aren't we trying to move away from that?

Cha

#15 May 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

"It is powerful because it is making a statement: that  a woman's genital, a PUSSY, which is not sexual, but a representation of womanhood wants a powerful position in ruling the world!!"

Now actually, I think that's a load of rubbish - with respect. What's the big statement about a pussy, half the freakin' world's got one, and we've all seen many. Some very many. Why not a wall of great dicks? No side needs to rule the world, aren't we trying to move away from that?

Cha

Dicks have always ruled the damned world but not a pussy! The pussy is experiencing an emergence, a real phenomenon.

#16 May 08, 2018 8:27 pm

New Historian
Active

Yaay for pussies, pussies forever! But ... only nice pussies, please.

In Paris they've opened a naked restaurant, I couldn't imagine anything grosser. Are the waiters butt nekkid too, so you have a hairy meat and two veg dangling, at face level? #crazywhitepeople.

http://spiceislandertalkshop.com/oldtal … d=1785&p=2

#17 May 09, 2018 1:23 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Yaay for pussies, pussies forever! But ... only nice pussies, please.

In Paris they've opened a naked restaurant, I couldn't imagine anything grosser. Are the waiters butt nekkid too, so you have a hairy meat and two veg dangling, at face level? #crazywhitepeople.

http://spiceislandertalkshop.com/oldtal … d=1785&p=2

Are you referring to the historical power-play of the pussy, the genital itself, the female, or its resurgence as a symbol of power?

#18 May 09, 2018 1:27 am

Calypso
Active

https://www.thelocal.fr/20171122/beef-i … restaurant

Great!! I'll be in France this this summer so Ill check it out when I'm in Paris for the  four days. I will not be going in but just view it from the door.

#19 May 09, 2018 6:47 am

Dancer
Active

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Cha

Dicks have always ruled the damned world but not a pussy! The pussy is experiencing an emergence, a real phenomenon.

As I suspected  this  Pussy Hat story  is really about POWER, Top Dog , envy , discontent , jealousy .
Nothing about  sharing side by side with the king ,  ..... you  just want to be the king.
Glad you explained yourself in a couple of short sentences , the one that stands out is  >> Dicks have always ruled the damned world  but not a pussy <<.
sad.

#20 May 09, 2018 8:06 am

New Historian
Active

"I will not be going in but just view it from the door."

Wuss! No voyeurs allowed, I doubt you can just peek through the window lol, you gotta COMMIT.

Last edited by New Historian (May 09, 2018 8:07 am)

Board footer