You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 28, 2018 8:12 am

Calypso
Active

HOW DO WE FORM A CAMPAIGN TO ALLEVIATE POVERTY IN THE CARIBBEAN?

Uneducated, multiple births, poverty-stricken. How do you help them after decades of independence?

#2 Apr 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Slice
Active

Re: HOW DO WE FORM A CAMPAIGN TO ALLEVIATE POVERTY IN THE CARIBBEAN?

If the other island are like Grenada, ah really doh know where to start.  There are so many issues in Grenada, I am just racking me head and saying maybe ah just should leave well enough along.  I go to the supermarket, that is the American one and it is full with folks that can afford it, while some of country are starving and really in bad shape. Been recruited to do something, but ah just doh know.

#3 Apr 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

If the other island are like Grenada, ah really doh know where to start.  There are so many issues in Grenada, I am just racking me head and saying maybe ah just should leave well enough along.  I go to the supermarket, that is the American one and it is full with folks that can afford it, while some of country are starving and really in bad shape. Been recruited to do something, but ah just doh know.

Our Caribbean politicians must seek a solution. How can you end up being unmarried with nine children and live in abject poverty?

#4 Apr 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Slice wrote:

Our Caribbean politicians must seek a solution. How can you end up being unmarried with nine children and live in abject poverty?

You can dress it up anyway you want, but whether Black in The Caribbean or White in Britain, it is mostly stupidity, and there is no cure for that other than education, and even educated folks can be really stupid too.

There is an extremely strong sexual undercurrent in the community, it is reinforced by local music which is getting more and more explicit by the day. Every bloody song is about riding up on she bumper, and far more explicit than that, and the kids do not seem to have the sense or training to keep there clothes on. The Fathers are pumping every outside woman they can sweet talk, and the mothers are horning for all they are worth, how the hell do you expect children to not emulate such stupedness.

I saw that film with SonSon and what ever the girls name was the other day. Watching the girl afterwards the lights were on, but no one was home. No wonder these silly bitches get banged up.

I have ZERO sympathy for the unmarried mother with 10 kids from 7 fathers. It is self abuse, and you get what you ask for.

And you want to make their actions MY responsability. Forget it.

#5 Apr 28, 2018 6:22 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Slice wrote:

You can dress it up anyway you want, but whether Black in The Caribbean or White in Britain, it is mostly stupidity, and there is no cure for that other than education, and even educated folks can be really stupid too.

There is an extremely strong sexual undercurrent in the community, it is reinforced by local music which is getting more and more explicit by the day. Every bloody song is about riding up on she bumper, and far more explicit than that, and the kids do not seem to have the sense or training to keep there clothes on. The Fathers are pumping every outside woman they can sweet talk, and the mothers are horning for all they are worth, how the hell do you expect children to not emulate such stupedness.

I saw that film with SonSon and what ever the girls name was the other day. Watching the girl afterwards the lights were on, but no one was home. No wonder these silly bitches get banged up.

I have ZERO sympathy for the unmarried mother with 10 kids from 7 fathers. It is self abuse, and you get what you ask for.

And you want to make their actions MY responsability. Forget it.

Your reality is harsh but is blatant truth and I must respect it. Yesterday, while going home from work, I saw a healthy looking young black man and his young pregnant girlfriend begging.  I refused to give them. My friend gave but I didn't. It is indeed stupidity and the lack of education. But as an educator, their heads are so frigging tough so you cannot educate them in responsible ways. So don't they listen to teachers anymore in the islands?

#6 Apr 28, 2018 6:24 pm

houston
Active

Nine kids to feed? Maybe some family planing should be in order, or at least some instructions on how to use a condom.

#7 Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm

Slice
Active

I agree with Expat,but there must be some kinda way to assist them. Expat may say not his problem, but their are his problem.  The govermnet assist these folks, and it is Expat tax dollars that  paying. today a young man offered to sell me ah 5lb for $50.00. I said go get it, he was so drunk ah felt like ah was taking advantage of him, but he too got ah bunch ah kids.

#8 Apr 28, 2018 7:52 pm

New Historian
Active

"while some of country are starving and really in bad shape"

Who in Grenada is "starving"? Yes there's poverty in Grenada but let's not fall victim to hyperbole now.

#9 Apr 29, 2018 1:21 am

Calypso
Active

houston wrote:

Nine kids to feed? Maybe some family planing should be in order, or at least some instructions on how to use a condom.

Are you aggressive in spreading the word about family planning in Gree? Michael Manley's reign in Jamaica was all about that.  Having nine children and living in a dilapidated hut is horrible. What about the quality of life?? Aren't the Chinese helping you to build more housing? How is the campaign going.

Board footer