You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Jan 18, 2017 7:14 am

Slice

Re: How on Earth do Grenadians cope?

Well Expat, I was wondering what is the average salary in Grenada, that info kinda help me out.  I do think that SOME Grenadians are living beyond their means.  Most are always in fashion and carry two phones.  Their vehicles are something else.  They are very old and pay ah bunch for them.

What I have quickly come to realize is that most Grenadians do not have credit on their phones.  Thank God for WhatsApp.  BTW ah wonder how FLOW is dealing with WhatsApp?  To fill up my rental is plus $200.00.

I honestly doh know how Grenadians are making it.  I think their life's can be much easier, if they try to live within their means.

Every day you go to Sweet Traditions and ah forget the other one name, close to the Cruise ship terminal, those restaurant are full.

#12 Jan 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Expat

Aim wrote:
Brian 2.0 wrote:

...and hydrogenated oil and high fructose corn sweetener. Allbody full dem belly, but nonadem healthy.

Which is why the food property education has to start in school - primary school level to teach better eating habits. So people are aware that when they see a bottle of something they can read the label and realize what is high fructose corn syrup and what is hydrogenated oil. How not to reuse/reheat oils already used because that is not good. How to not use all those food colors etc. We have a long way to go but there has to be a start somewhere. Each one teach one.

Funny, but there are radio segments that teach about super foods, and which foods are good for this and that.... I have learned from listening to them while driving to Town myself.

For the record a common weed/herb which exists in Grenada and the UK, and I must imagine in America is the plantain.... known in Grenada as Plantair.... God knows why they had to change the name, but they have.

It is good for so many things, it is well worth a little web search.

#13 Jan 22, 2017 7:55 am

New Historian

"For the record a common weed/herb which exists in Grenada and the UK, and I must imagine in America is the plantain.... known in Grenada as Plantair.... God knows why they had to change the name, but they have."

2 fallacies: plantain isn't a weed/herb, it's a banana cultivar, and I've never heard it referred to as a plantair, in Grenada or anywhere else. Clearly it's not you who does the shopping in your house!

But you know what's the magic fruit of the Caribbean: in fact I'll post it.

Board footer