You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Slice
Active

THE GOOD AND THE BAD, DRIVING GRENADA

So yesterday ah bus driver squeeze the hell outa me on the corner going to St Paul's from Morne Delice.  The caused me to end up in ad ditch.  I could get out. The Bus driver just slowed and continue his way.  In last than three minutes there was about 10 cars all offering help. One bus driver was vex like hell, cause he had to wait.  Lord within five minutes ah was pulled outa the ditch.  I started giving thanks to everyone that was involved.  Ah few of them said, that is why you in Grenada.  The big difference between Grenada and America, the folks are so helpful.

#2 May 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: THE GOOD AND THE BAD, DRIVING GRENADA

Slice wrote:

The big difference between Grenada and America, the folks are so helpful.

Correction: The difference between Baltimore and Grenada.  Out here in flyover land.  People will help.

#3 May 09, 2018 3:11 pm

New Historian
Active

People are very helpful in Grenada true, generally I find RD is right, rural folks are way more friendly and helpful than scity slickers.

But lord Slice you ain't shed that JCB aura yet, you gotta learn the One Basic Rule of driving in Greenz: ONLY THE BADDEST SURVIVES, lol!!

Good luck and take care. How long you staying there? I'l;l be down end of this month.

Last edited by New Historian (May 09, 2018 3:13 pm)

#4 May 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Slice
Active

You can say that again, one must be tough as nails to survive driving in Grenada. I will be here until sometime in September. I posted my number for you sometime ago, gee me ah hollow once you here.

#5 May 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Slice wrote:

The big difference between Grenada and America, the folks are so helpful.

Correction: The difference between Baltimore and Grenada.  Out here in flyover land.  People will help.

Yep Bmore is dog eat cow and all that comes close.

#6 May 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

People are very helpful in Grenada true, generally I find RD is right, rural folks are way more friendly and helpful than scity slickers.

But lord Slice you ain't shed that JCB aura yet, you gotta learn the One Basic Rule of driving in Greenz: ONLY THE BADDEST SURVIVES, lol!!

Good luck and take care. How long you staying there? I'l;l be down end of this month.

There is little connection between the brain if there is one, and the vehicle. Treat every other driver as an untrained drunk/drugged moron, who you will face down until it is really stupid to get in an accident, and you will get through.

Whether through lack of experience in the big outside world, or total familiarity with the roads..... which as we know breeds contempt, too many drivers in Grenada are bloody stupid, thoughtless, inconsiderate, and unmannerly. They would not survive countries with real roads and heavy traffic.

I don't know if I have adequately expressed how little I think of a LOT of Grenadians drivers ability.    smile

#7 May 11, 2018 6:01 am

Slice
Active

I think you did, and yep I totally agree.  SOME are ARSEHOLES. Last night at 10pm I got a call to pick someone up from Black Bay, ah say not me, I ent ready to die.

#8 May 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Expat
Active

Funny, but at 10pm it is probably pretty safe. Traffic is light, and most of the alcoholics have already passed out or driven home already.

Board footer