You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 May 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: The last photo of Maurice Bishop

Graves registration personnel at Calivigny.

I spoke with someone in a Urgent Fury veterans forum who was part of the graves registration team.  He gave me the documents and the photos.  He said that, while bodies were recovered, they couldn't be identified.

Untitled123.png

#12 May 11, 2018 4:22 pm

New Historian
Active

Grisly job:(

#13 May 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Names of those on the team.

31882886_10155429920007197_6646040721771986944_n.jpg

#14 May 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The Castro and the Cubans supported Bishop and Castro made no secret of the fact that he didn't care for Coard.

Coard and the others were afraid that hundreds of Cubans on island were about to intervene in favor of Bishop just like they did when a similar crack in leadership occurred in Angola.  They decided to take out Bishop before the Cubans could save him.

That's Coard's position except for the part about taking out Bishop.  He doesn't know how that happened.  He never found out in prison with the others of the Grenada 17.  It is a total mystery.

#15 May 11, 2018 4:48 pm

New Historian
Active

25 years in jail and none of the comrades confides in each other. Remarkable, such devotion to omerta.

#16 May 12, 2018 9:35 am

Calypso
Active

You should be worried about recovering his body and giving him a proper funeral.

http://www.caribbean360.com/news/grenad … shops-body

Last edited by Calypso (May 12, 2018 9:38 am)

#17 May 12, 2018 11:08 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Part of the report says the remains were turned over to a Grenadian funeral home.  This one, as a matter of fact...

https://otwaybaileyfuneralhome.org/

#18 May 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Part of the report says the remains were turned over to a Grenadian funeral home.  This one, as a matter of fact...

https://otwaybaileyfuneralhome.org/

Has it been verified? it that were the case it should have been more public. So I think not

#19 May 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The document above was a contemporaneous internal military memo that was given to me by a member of the graves registration team.  It mentions the name a legitimate funeral home in Grenada.  I believe it is legitimate since there is no reason to doubt it.

You, on the other hand, will assume that it is a clever CIA forgery handed off to me by an operative in an Urgent Fury website as part of the campaign of misinformation about which not one in ten million Americans care a whit about. 

And that is the impasse where will will stay.

#20 May 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

The man was wearing short pants.  Damn.  He had no idea what was coming.

Whey you see dem short pants? all I can see is a top and some kinda pants then the rest of his legs are obscured...

Board footer