You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Slice
Active

AFTER ABOUT TWO MONTHS I AM FINALLY READY

I am about to move into my very own apartment, with TV and internet and also AC.  Never thought I would say this, but ah missed watching ah little bit ah TV.  Can't get MSNBC and Trump TV, but that is fine.  I am no longer alone, ah have TV and AC.  Am I adjusting ah tink so.  Grenada still sweet like ah sugar apple. I love the honesty in these folks.  My cleaning lady found me $10.00 bill hanging out in the Wash Room, she gave it to me later ah gave it back to her to buy lunch.

Today the painter charge me $140.00 for ah work.  instead I gave her $600.00, she say Mr Greenidge, leh me talk to you for ah minute, she say check the money you gave me.  Ah check and ah just gave her too much monies.  All ah could ah say was thanks.

#2 May 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Expat
Active

Re: AFTER ABOUT TWO MONTHS I AM FINALLY READY

Boy oh boy.

I guess you will get it in the end.

Firstly yes the cleaning lady may have been, and may continue to be amazingly honest..... or else she thought it was a test.... ?  Think about it.

But damn man, get a grip. If there is a day rate pay it. If the work is done well or quicker, and still well, sure pay a few dollars extra. It helps build a good relationship, but 600 for a 140 dollar job.... That is crazy. Or you paid her 600 instead of 140 by accident .... ? 

You are not living in America now. Pay the going rate na man.  Not Government rate. That is theft, but the day rate for the skill you are paying.

Our cleaning lady is very trustworthy. Jewelry is there for the taking, but never a thing has gone missing. One reason we put up with some of her lateness, and occasional dumbness.

Sure reward good works, but you are not in America. Do not pay American rates. If you do, in the end you will be paying more simply because they think you are plain stupid, and they will not appreciate the generosity you are trying to show. You are from away... you can afford it.  You WILL learn.

Board footer