You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Real Distwalker

Trump assigns Robert F. Kennedy to vaccine commission

What? Wasn’t Jenny McCarthy available?

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., a noted vaccination skeptic, will chair a commission on vaccine safety and scientific integrity at the request of President-elect Donald Trump, the political scion said Tuesday.

Kennedy, following a meeting with Trump inside Trump Tower, told reporters that the point of the commission would to be “to make sure we have scientific integrity in the vaccine process for efficacy and safety effects.”

“President-elect Trump has some doubts about the current vaccine policies and he has questions about it,” Kennedy explained. “His opinion doesn’t matter but the science does matter and we ought to be reading the science and we ought to be debating the science.”

In keeping with this thinking, Trump should go ahead and assign Jane Fonda as the National President of the Vietnam Veterans of America.

Idiocracy becomes more like a documentary every day.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic … -1.2942576

#2 Jan 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Expat

Re: Trump assigns Robert F. Kennedy to vaccine commission

America is about to become a basket case Fubar'd and consigned to laughing stock.

Something like Britain thanks to Brexit and Beatch Prime Minister number 2.

Add to that a cretin in the opposition party and its Vaseline time.

#3 Jan 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Real Distwalker

I know, right?  What a mess.

#4 Jan 11, 2017 1:08 am

New Historian

RD, how are you coping, as an "honest American" in these Trumpesque days? They used to say Kafkaesque, but now the unthinkable has become real; the lunatics really HAVE taken over the loonybin! You must be gutted! It was always hard enough being an "American abroad" (lol, really!), but now it must be unbearable! Do foreigners look at you funny? Thinking "Is he one of ... them? Those people; HIS people?" How horrible must it be, to be tarred with HIS brush! Don't you want to shout out: "We're not ALL like him!"?

As a "good person" and an occasional worthy foe, I truly feel your pain brother!

#5 Jan 11, 2017 8:21 am

Real Distwalker

I am not enjoying the situation but I think most people see people as individuals.   Of course I haven't been abroad since the election.  We shall see.

#6 Jan 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Real Distwalker

Trump Administration denies RFK is on vaccine commission.  That is good news.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/10/rfk-jr-s-d … ne-gospel/

#7 Jan 12, 2017 4:53 am

Vanni

RD, would it be feeling better/fairer/more reliable if it would be someone heavily involved in the pharma industry? As it is most often.

Board footer