You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 21, 2018 2:59 pm

GMW
Active

Grenadians Being Removed By Police From A KFC In Berlin

#2 May 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Grenadians Being Removed By Police From A KFC In Berlin

The problem may have been the KFC's or it may have been those eating, but the Police just did their job of minimising the conflict by removing the patrons. My guess, and only that, is that they were being a bit loud. Maybe nothing else. But talking LOUDLY is a common condition among Grenadians, and the franchise probably didn't want the other patrons disturbed. Like I said, just a guess.

#3 May 21, 2018 3:57 pm

Slice
Active

It it hard to say.  I doubt they were removed, simple because they are black or Grenadains

#4 May 21, 2018 5:26 pm

houston
Active

Looks like those people were minding their own business and enjoying a meal together. Who cares if they were a bit loud?
If other patrons can't handle noise in a public place, they should be dining at home.

#5 May 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Looks like those people were minding their own business and enjoying a meal together. Who cares if they were a bit loud?
If other patrons can't handle noise in a public place, they should be dining at home.

We don't know whether they were or not, it was just a possibility I put forward.

However to your point. I would care.  Why should selfish or indifference by one group make a simple event like eating a crappy KFC uncomfortable. No one has to go around whispering, but from prolonged experience Grenadians and others tend to try and talk over each other volumes escalate rapidly. It is or can be loud. That is not fair on the surrounding people. It is the norm here, and is accepted, so some of us live with it. Although even within my own household I will often vacate a room when there are several people talking, it hurts my ears. But they should have been the ones keeping it home, not the other people in the eatery.

While visiting the UK recently I went upstairs due to lack of space downstairs on a "school bus" it was simply torture. But kids do that. Adults should be more mindful of others.

#6 May 21, 2018 6:45 pm

houston
Active

As said, if public noise is a bother, stay home in the bunker.
KFC, Rotten Ronnies and most other fast food joints are expectected to be crowded and loud.
If you want fine quiet dinning, pay for it or stay home.

#7 May 21, 2018 10:25 pm

GMW
Active

Slice wrote:

It it hard to say.  I doubt they were removed, simple because they are black or Grenadains

You're shitting me, right?

And to even demand their passports? T/S and what's become of it is truly a reflection of the bigger picture.

#8 May 22, 2018 8:01 am

Dancer
Active

Berlin eh ? That's in Germany right ?
If more Greers  pay attention to TS , they would have known better about being black in Berlin eating KFC.

#9 May 22, 2018 9:46 am

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

As said, if public noise is a bother, stay home in the bunker.
KFC, Rotten Ronnies and most other fast food joints are expectected to be crowded and loud.
If you want fine quiet dinning, pay for it or stay home.

As I said or implied, no one is expecting anywhere other than a church, and from experience even during funerals Grenadians do not understand the concept of shutting up, but back to point eateries do not have to be as silent as the grave, but boisterous noise is another thing. It shows lack of consideration, ignorance, and being plain unmannerly.

Drunken buffoons in and around pubs in the UK are another example. Pig ignorant, and antisocial. I am as you might have just noticed not specifically being critical of Grenadians, but this site is centered around Grenadians, so they are the main focus. Plus an issue staring with Grenadians supposedly was the beginning of this thread.

Last edited by Expat (May 22, 2018 9:48 am)

Board footer