You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 May 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Expat
Active

Re: ME DRIVING IN THE SPICE ARE IMPROVING, and roti.

Slice wrote:

4564951 or 533 0043. I had ah really bad memory when  ah resided in Grenada earlier.  Going up ah not so big hil with drinks for ah dance the damn car stalled.  We ended up almost dead that day; so, when ah encounter ah hill, ah tend to speed up.  Going up Cemetry hill. ah does speed up.  One day ah encounter ah car stopped  half way up the hill,  in the middle of the street.  Ah din panick, ah did very well.

Grenada have some great drivers, but also some real ASSHOLES.  Number one Bad drivers are the bus drivers.  As somone told me if you take God and make him ah bus driver, by the time he done, he will be Satan himself.  Boy RD you have raw nerve driving ah rental in Grenada.  Then one day ah see ah family of four on the beach in Lasagasse,  from England and we started talking and he said he came in yesterday and today he driving ah just shake me head.

NH the number at the top, is for you.

> Then one day ah see ah family of four on the beach in Lasagasse,  from England and we started talking and he said he came in yesterday and today he driving ah just shake me head.<

Slicy, Not all obviously, but MOST British drivers should be able to pee all over Grenada's roads and drivers. They are used to driving on much smaller roads than you folks from North Amerikee. The only concern is the number of dick heads who really don't understand the craft of driving, which requires intelligence, forward planning and courtesy. Some things often missing in Grenada. Saying good morning or what ever time of day, sure. Acknowledging a kind gesture on the road.... no way Jose.

Last edited by Expat (May 26, 2018 7:00 pm)

#12 May 26, 2018 7:02 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I have driven rentals to every corner of Grenada.  Pretty much every village.  Hell, I have driven some dirt paths.

And they didn't break down?  Lucky man.

#13 May 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Who said that?  Yes, one time one broke down.  The rental agency had to bring me a replacement car.

#14 May 27, 2018 7:22 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Who said that?  Yes, one time one broke down.  The rental agency had to bring me a replacement car.

I guess it can happen anywhere, as even new cars can break down, but often times the rentals are far from new, and probably have had engine and transmission swaps etc etc. So the chances of breaking down are high.

I have hired a couple of duff cars, one that was a bit dubious with its gear changes, and struggled to get up hills without a lot of kick down.

Then there was the one... A nice big comfortable car, can't remember the make or model, but going up Grand Etang pretty close to the top it just died. Before cell phones. Several helpful people stopped, but it was an unusual failure. The distributor drive had broken. A truck kindly pulled us over the top and took us to the first place that was a bar and had a phone.

All this totally buggered the day, as we were then too late to go for the planned lunch, and touristy food outlets were few and far between once you get out of St Georges. And we couldn't do the rest of the outing hungry.

#15 May 27, 2018 9:27 am

Real Distwalker
Active

My rental showed the courtesy of breaking down in the Calabash car park.

#16 May 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Slice
Active

Rd you doh even get in touch with Expat, while you in Grenada? If you in Grenada and you make contact with me, that is the first and last time ah ever speaking to you.

#17 May 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I will.  Remember when I was the most hated man on Talkshop?  It scared the wife and she didn't want me to make it known when we were on island.  Well, things are calmer now plus we have all learned a lot about online bluster.  Next time we come down, I will let you all know.

#18 May 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I will.  Remember when I was the most hated man on Talkshop?  It scared the wife and she didn't want me to make it known when we were on island.  Well, things are calmer now plus we have all learned a lot about online bluster.  Next time we come down, I will let you all know.

Eh eh, all those blusterers would a gi you a hug an a Carib. Doh Stress Man, is enless fete for so. Dey ent payin tax for dey mouth so is pure BS they saying. I'll even let you try out the sowing machine you posted the parts for. Now it's working Wifey love it bad.

#19 May 29, 2018 6:31 am

Slice
Active

I was about to say the same thing.  They would of never  do any harm to him. They were all talk.  Leh me see, ah think some folks hated just as much, but others saw me as ah doh know.  But ah know one thing ah was scared also.

#20 May 29, 2018 9:58 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

I was about to say the same thing.  They would of never  do any harm to him. They were all talk.  Leh me see, ah think some folks hated just as much, but others saw me as ah doh know.  But ah know one thing ah was scared also.

Allu Puuuuze. You know I antagonise the crap out of everyone, and for years hardly anyone would even reply to my posts... Would I be so obnoxious straight to you face... no, but if we are bashing around in cyber space we need a little pepper in the blend to make it interesting.

YOU at least know I am the sweetest cuddliest guy around ...... in a very straight way.... LoL.

Board footer