You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Slice
Active

SO THERE IS HIGH END SHOPPING IN GRENADA

Went to two places today, and the quality and price kinda gee me ah shock.  A bathroom nd kitchen store called John Hopkins and ah lightening store, ah forget the lighting store name, but their quality and price are both nice.  Expat now ah know where you shop.

#2 Jun 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Expat
Active

Re: SO THERE IS HIGH END SHOPPING IN GRENADA

Slice wrote:

Went to two places today, and the quality and price kinda gee me ah shock.  A bathroom nd kitchen store called John Hopkins and ah lightening store, ah forget the lighting store name, but their quality and price are both nice.  Expat now ah know where you shop.

Probably Southern Electric? On Dusty.

#3 Jun 06, 2018 8:30 am

Slice
Active

yep ah tink you right.  I brought some Halogen bulbs from America, and I thought for sure I would not find them in Grenada, but to my pleasant surprise, not only did they have the right size, but they had it LED.  Every FRIGGING light I thought was going to be 110, is 220.  Lord Grenadain trade men, just do what the hell they want to do.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 06, 2018 8:50 am)

#4 Jun 06, 2018 9:54 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

yep ah tink you right.  I brought some Halogen bulbs from America, and I thought for sure I would not find them in Grenada, but to my pleasant surprise, not only did they have the right size, but they had it LED.  Every FRIGGING light I thought was going to be 110, is 220.  Lord Grenadain trade men, just do what the hell they want to do.

It's expected.

I did a full detailed wiring plan for my house. Did they do what I asked. Did they F.

As a result, instead of having a very safe ring main which could take heavy load if for some reason I cant think of now might happen... I have two spur lines upstairs which stop either side of of the "house" bathroom. Plus have I got a 30 amp feed to the garage?  Well I have a 30 amp breaker, but not the cable to carry the load. Which has made some of my welding projects a little challenging.

I don't think tradesmen is really the best description. If you can hear their spurs jingling they are better known as cowboys.

#5 Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am

New Historian
Active

My brother always wanted to start his own construction company in London, and he was going to call it:

Bodgeitt and Legitt: "You've tried the cowboys, now try our boys"!

Only Ex will get that!

Board footer