You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jun 09, 2018 3:00 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Here we go again?

New Historian wrote:

Jaysus, you just like RD, easy with that knee-jerk, you might kick yourself in the chin! Did I say ANYTHING about legislating or taking away Grenadians' gun rights? No need for that, au contraire leave well alone. But what "they"  DO need to do, is come down on dem boys an dem, and the Venezuelans who feeding them these guns. Even if you don't shoot anyone, to be caught with an illegal gun must involve some SERIOUS jail time.

Did I point that at you?

No, I said:-  A few more gun crimes, and the great thinkers will say

Now I aint accusing you of being a great thinker.... LoL... smile

Apart from attempting to be attacked, your opine was valid.

#12 Jun 09, 2018 3:08 pm

New Historian
Active

Turns out this mosque's got form, they raided it during a scare before Carnival, but didn't find anything. Imagine a boatload of those forkers, landing on a beach in Grenada, at night...

Every time I drive by Abu Bakr's huge sprawling compound in PoS I get vex. As they say in Jamaica: All he shoulda heng.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2018-06- … 0%94rowley

Last edited by New Historian (Jun 09, 2018 3:09 pm)

#13 Jun 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Jaysus, you just like RD, easy with that knee-jerk, you might kick yourself in the chin! Did I say ANYTHING about legislating or taking away Grenadians' gun rights? No need for that, au contraire leave well alone. But what "they"  DO need to do, is come down on dem boys an dem, and the Venezuelans who feeding them these guns. Even if you don't shoot anyone, to be caught with an illegal gun must involve some SERIOUS jail time.

And as you suggested, they are coming down and dem real hard.  Last week I saw the Police chief saying what they are going to do to dem and also any who knows there is an illegal gun in ah house and do not report it.  The Grenada Police is throwing the Kitchen sink at them.

#14 Jun 09, 2018 3:35 pm

Expat
Active

We used to have a stalwart defender of the Islamic faith and it's intentions in the form of 'Muslim'.

I think it would be fair to say that frequently he was told no one was against Islam, but that some of it's devotees were sick SOB's.

He would consistently say that they weren't Muslim. Now I would agree with him, that as far as devout average Muslims were concerned they were not the Muslims that he believed to be true Muslims. However the the terrorists believed themselves to be Muslim, and acting in the name of Islam.

So from my perspective although you could just say they were terrorists, it was pretty impossible not to say they were Muslim terrorists.

Wey Muslim now the Caliphate mash up, and Muslim running round with truck and knife in the West. I want to see him try to differentiate true Muslims and these bastards now.

#15 Jun 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
New Historian wrote:

And as you suggested, they are coming down and dem real hard.  Last week I saw the Police chief saying what they are going to do to dem and also any who knows there is an illegal gun in ah house and do not report it.  The Grenada Police is throwing the Kitchen sink at them.

Correction, the RGPF is talking the talk. Grenada generally is very good at talking. What it is very poor at is walking the walk.

#16 Jun 09, 2018 3:40 pm

New Historian
Active

Remember "the good old days", when the Arab-Israeli conflict, and the worldwide explosion in terrorism that it spawned, wasn't about religion, it was about land? We supported the Palestinians then, we can't support their descendants.

#17 Jun 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Expat
Active

Every damn conflict is multifaceted, and very complicated.

Hell, just go back to WW1, what a mess, but all screwed out of place because of Germany having treaty with this one, and Britain having treaty with that one and Russia having treaty with another one. It was a cesspit of obligations.

Probably because I was more aware of WW2, I kinda thought Germany was an evil shit in WW1, but from what I gleaned from museums in France on my last visit they may have ended up being a major combatant, but in many ways they were no different to the Brits getting hauled kicking and screaming into WW2 due to its obligations and treaties long before a German invasion was on the cards.

Board footer