You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Slice
Active

CAN I RETURN TO GRENADA TO LIVE?

I love the island.  I think what most folks are scared about is probably better that originally thought.  The Health care system is not bad, but one defiantly need to keep their American insurance updated.

Here is the Scary thing, The same amount of folks under fifty are dying as as folks over seventy.  That have me wondering what the hell is going on.  One answer I got was because of the American bombing, there is a large number of cancer cases.  Ah doh know.  Why so many Grenadians are diabetes?  And they die of it.

Grenada is still ah paradise, but you must have some kinda money.

Luxury Hotels are going up daily.

A new five star hotel is about to be built in place of Flamboyant.

#2 Jan 14, 2017 1:27 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: CAN I RETURN TO GRENADA TO LIVE?

What bombing?  Very few bombs were dropped and the ones that were were just standard bombs.   There was no depleted uranium used on Grenada and, even if there was, there is no tie between it and diabetes.

#3 Jan 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Slice
Active

Ah just do know.  i was sitting in Coyabas and an met someone I knew and we were talking about the number of folks that are diabetic and we just can't believe it.  His answer was the bombing and ah say, WHA? way you get that from and he reference Puerto Rico and ah was just floored.   I just doh know how to interrupt his comments.

I just think the doctors and Grenadians do not know how to take care of themselves.

This was ah very weird comment to me, but say wha, at times one must just listen.

#4 Jan 17, 2017 9:25 am

Expat
Active

The surge in diabetes is probably due to modern day foods absolutely loaded with Corn Syrup, even in foods you could not imagine it would be. PLUS the Grenadian Greed.... Have you not seen how many FAT people there are.... Combined with really crap food combination choices.

About seven starch items on a plate, a heaping set of meats, and very few actual vegetables. You are worrying about the diabetes.  Lets not forget, if the diabetes doesn't get them, the heaert failure, and arthritis of the Knees will.

#5 Jan 17, 2017 10:21 am

Slice
Active

I think me PADNAH that died, it was a Heat attack.  GOSH! he was only 59.  Ah doh know, my cousin eats very healthy, but I agree most doh eat healthy.  Going through the market on Saturday, you could hardly find greens.

Grenadians need help in ah big way.

#6 Jan 18, 2017 12:40 am

Aim

Still hate this TS format and too busy to deal with it. If I was an IT person I would have fixed it. I have to go down a whole line of posts to see the last post. Steupps!

Anyway, Slicee, My two maternal grandparents died of cancer in Grenada, so your suggestion would mean what...the bombs from WWII helped with that. People find all sorts of excuses and too it is nice to blame America for all of our ills. My grandmother used to smoke from a pipe (yes she did) and I am sure my grandad would have been subjected to years of second hand smoke as a result. Things beyond our control and due to genetics can damage our health but we should be responsible from a certain age and if we are made aware through education or otherwise to try and help ourselves.

I talk as one who regrets eating what I ate an hour ago only to repeat the cycle tomorrow.  And I eat fairly healthy as compared to some. It is just that sweet tooth that I need to pull out! I need to do better and lots of us do.

Last edited by Aim (Jan 18, 2017 12:41 am)

#7 Jan 24, 2017 3:42 pm

dapper
Active

IMG_2587.jpg

#8 Jan 24, 2017 5:06 pm

New Historian
Active

Returning to Grenada is a huge decision and not an easy one for people who've lived most of their lives in the so-called first world - it ain't the same down here folks! Once you shed the JCB tag, and the elevated expectations of service that go with it - Grenada is a pretty darn good place to return to!

But it all depends on timing, I always say that "Grenada is a good place to grow up - and to grow old". Of course, I'm still on the upswing lol!!

#9 Jan 26, 2017 4:26 am

kipjmejia

Thanks for sharing this great info with us.

#10 Jan 26, 2017 9:24 am

Vanni
Active

Aim wrote:

... Things beyond our control and due to genetics can damage our health but we should be responsible from a certain age and if we are made aware through education or otherwise to try and help ourselves ...

I include one element, which may make life easier for us, and make us less obsessed in "hunting for signs of illnesses" in our body. We may understand that to be in a state of constant mistrust toward our body, a constant mistrust toward Life, may by itself be illness inducing. More than neglect in diet. I pay constant attention toward this relationship of trust and love toward my body, soul and Life, even if it is far from being spontaneous, and I sometimes cannot help.

Mostly, I understand that we are here to go through certain experiences. Experiences which are not random, but targeted and meaningful for our own evolution. They are not always easy nor pleasant. But much later on - I mean beyond Earthly time - we understand and, even during Earthly times, we can be grateful for them, and the people involved. What is more meaningful and rewarding, anyway, than a resolution of everything in love?

So, these meant to be experiences explain two things: one is that in two people living in the same way - whether healthy or unhealthy - one may develop illness, the other may sail through life without big worries. And more than "karma" as often (mis)understood as a consequence, it is actually the opportunity to create something ever closer to the sanctity of Life.

The other thing is that anyone claiming that he can heal others or himself in 100% of cases is either exploiting people's gullibility, or is lacking wisdom. And humility.

Yes I am absolutely certain that 100% health - or in other words a total absence of illness, accidents - absence of any violence - is part of a reality which exists for others in our vast universe made of the whole spectrum of frequency - and to which we Earth humans are awakening, and which, thanks to our awakening, we are manifesting into reality. I am thinking about our own attitude and awareness. I do not believe that anything involving violence and sole outer intervention can ever bring this vital change. Only our bringing forth from our Source into our own life the quality we want to see being part of reality can do.

Let us understand that it is always good to be caring for ourselves and others, regardless of what I mentioned above. We are constantly building our future reality, and thus it always brings positive results through time - a time which is beyond our Earthly measurement.

This understanding gives me some serenity: I am doing my best for my health - and God knows, my daily walks, especially during the present winter times - are an act of absolute discipline. I pay attention at regularly exercising, including yoga, qigong, taichi ... and making sure that my diet is as good as can be. And not just good in matter of substances, but in what it generates for all the aspects of Life involved in the process.

And at the core, I pay attention to the frequencies in which I am putting myself - beyond my emotions, paying attention again and again to connect with my Source, as often as possible, and getting nurtured by Its gentle healing and holy force ...

And today, again, in the next two hours, I will go for this vital walk, in a surroundings which I understand as a blessing, climate apart. Whether I am finding it appealing or not in matter of fogginessandcolourfulnessandwarmthandcuddlinessandcomfort ... the more I repeat these daily walks - and whether I have sometimes to drag myself including to my soul-and-body-exercises, the more, if I sometimes may initially be feeling very unmotivated, something beautiful happens during the walk and exercise itself. Something which makes me feel good, as much in body as in soul. And I am back home with much more vitality and in much more positive vibes.

Can't wait for spring: my favourite season!

Have a great day everyone smile

FOREST_WALK_2006_20170122.jpg

Last edited by Vanni (Jan 26, 2017 10:09 am)

Board footer