You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 12, 2018 7:06 am

Calypso
Active

Perfidia by Flen Miller

Beautiful!

#2 Jun 12, 2018 7:32 am

Slice
Active

Re: Perfidia by Flen Miller

Kaiso, we all know you have ah bit ah class, you maybe enjoy the finer things in life, including great music, but we also know you fraid man. Ah swear everyone of my male and female friend I have in America, including TD, they all love Classical music and also jazz, but you see me, gee me ah bit ah country, reggae, soca and some good ole time Kaiso.

#3 Jun 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Dancer
Active

Calypso , interesting  music choice .
Where did that come from ?  " I'll tell you mind '
'Perfidia  was a 'hit' tune as a teenager ? Very popular ,  But  Glenn Miller ? Now ?
Yeah , yeah  , you saw The Glenn Miller Story ? Those bands in Movies from  the 30-40 ies  were pretty good.
Don't you like 'In the mood ....   ' Glenn Miller was good.

So Glenn Miller  PERFIDIA .......... Beautiful ..... ok.

Here is one for you , what one word would you call this version ..... U TUBE .. Andrea Bocelli .....Perfidia- live 2012.
One word .

Last edited by Dancer (Jun 12, 2018 7:37 pm)

#4 Jun 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Expat
Active

Such a shame that what was once a process for talented musicians who could read music, interpret and extemporise, has been reduced to the lowest possible common denominator with what is rightly called Jab Jab music. I think I know which I prefer

Or there is this one which is exactly the same as Jab in the Morning but with different words

One man with a computer, a sample set of sounds and a man that can shout at a mike. Sad.

#5 Jun 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

'Perfidia  was a 'hit' tune as a teenager ? Very popular ,  But  Glenn Miller ? Now ?
Yeah , yeah  , you saw The Glenn Miller Story ? Those bands in Movies from  the 30-40 ies  were pretty good.

Here is one for you , what one word would you call this version ..... U TUBE .. Andrea Bocelli .....Perfidia- live 2012.
One word .

"Here's looking at you kid!" The scene with Perfidia playing is from a classic movie called "Casablanca" starring Humphery Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

Last edited by Calypso (Jun 14, 2018 5:23 am)

#6 Jun 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

One word .

Here's looking at you kid!

#7 Jun 14, 2018 8:13 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

Such a shame that what was once a process for talented musicians who could read music, interpret and extemporise, has been reduced to the lowest possible common denominator with what is rightly called Jab Jab music. I think I know which I prefer

Or there is this one which is exactly the same as Jab in the Morning but with different words

One man with a computer, a sample set of sounds and a man that can shout at a mike. Sad.

I love soca music.  Soca  and Kaiso is me life.  Occasionally ah bit ah Reggae, but you see me, gee me soca every time.  From now until after carnival, that is my life.  Humphrey Bogart me ASS.

#8 Jun 14, 2018 8:21 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:

I love soca music.  Soca  and Kaiso is me life.  Occasionally ah bit ah Reggae, but you see me, gee me soca every time.  From now until after carnival, that is my life.  Humphrey Bogart me ASS.

Soca and Calypso are good but they do not have a romantic touch. When Bogart hits the screen, the sexuality is not blatant. You know he wants you but he uses romance, great social skills and hidden tones to get into your panties. But when you  men do it, it is so rough, raw and so coarse. It's like taking a machete and chopping your limbs off. Slice, it's not too late to learn how to seduce a woman!

#9 Jun 14, 2018 8:26 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:

Soca and Calypso are good but they do not have a romantic touch. When Bogart hits the screen, the sexuality is not blatant. You know he wants you but he uses romance, great social skills and hidden tones to get into your panties. But when you  men do it, it is so rough, raw and so coarse. It's like taking a machete and chopping your limbs off. Slice, it's not too late to learn how to seduce a woman!

#10 Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am

Dancer
Active

" I'll tel the General you are here "  ( The Big Sleep )

'Morning' ...... this is Bogart

Carmen slides over
" you're not very tall are you "

Bogart ... " well , ah , I try to be "       ....    ....   love that line . lo
She falls into his arms    " you are cute" shamus

" The General will see you now sir "
Bogart  .... " who was that ? "     ' Ms Carmen Sir .'

Bogart .... " You aught to wean her , she's old enough "

' Have a nice day. People'

Board footer