You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jun 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Perfidia by Flen Miller

Calypso wrote:
Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:

Such a shame that what was once a process for talented musicians who could read music, interpret and extemporise, has been reduced to the lowest possible common denominator with what is rightly called Jab Jab music. I think I know which I prefer

Or there is this one which is exactly the same as Jab in the Morning but with different words

One man with a computer, a sample set of sounds and a man that can shout at a mike. Sad.

I love soca music.  Soca  and Kaiso is me life.  Occasionally ah bit ah Reggae, but you see me, gee me soca every time.  From now until after carnival, that is my life.  Humphrey Bogart me ASS.

Soca and Calypso are good but they do not have a romantic touch. When Bogart hits the screen, the sexuality is not blatant. You know he wants you but he uses romance, great social skills and hidden tones to get into your panties. But when you  men do it, it is so rough, raw and so coarse. It's like taking a machete and chopping your limbs off. Slice, it's not too late to learn how to seduce a woman!

Like a lot of music these days they have evolved and very often do not really fit in the bracket they claim to be. Jab Jab music is pretty much what it is meant to be a Devilish pulsating noise with a strong undercurrent blasting your brain, all it's good for is shuffling down the road when you are pissed out of your brain. It is almost the lowest form of music if it qualifies for that description.  Calypso and Soca for the most part have evolved... just as Soca spawned from Calypso in the first place, but rarely do either bear any resemblance to to early versions. They really need to be reclassified as West Indian pop music.

As for seducing women, first you have to find a man that has been taught, rather than fumbling his way to maturity. Personally I was coached by a lady nearly 20 years older, when I was just legally old enough. Nevah had a complaint from the list of nations I have attempted to please.

For the life of me even though some of them were under age, I could never understand these young boys getting upset when an older woman opened their eyes. Maybe it's sexist, but predating males penetrating young girls seems to me to be a totally different ball game from boys being shown the light?

#12 Jun 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Slice
Active

Calypso wrote:
Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:

Such a shame that what was once a process for talented musicians who could read music, interpret and extemporise, has been reduced to the lowest possible common denominator with what is rightly called Jab Jab music. I think I know which I prefer

Or there is this one which is exactly the same as Jab in the Morning but with different words

One man with a computer, a sample set of sounds and a man that can shout at a mike. Sad.

I love soca music.  Soca  and Kaiso is me life.  Occasionally ah bit ah Reggae, but you see me, gee me soca every time.  From now until after carnival, that is my life.  Humphrey Bogart me ASS.

Soca and Calypso are good but they do not have a romantic touch. When Bogart hits the screen, the sexuality is not blatant. You know he wants you but he uses romance, great social skills and hidden tones to get into your panties. But when you  men do it, it is so rough, raw and so coarse. It's like taking a machete and chopping your limbs off. Slice, it's not too late to learn how to seduce a woman!

Kaiso, you got this all backwards.  I ent trying to seduce ah soul.  You better tell that to the young woman of the world.  Lord there is one story ah really would like to tell about this young lady I met, just ah few weeks ago, but I can't.  Kaiso ah doh think you know this modern woman.  Lord have mercy, them women these days are not playing.

So ah go this one, these sexy 21 year ole get into a car with four of us men. Her exact words were lord I am in heaven, four older guys.  We all smiled, because we were going to a funeral.  Then the young lady started to condem the younger guys, saying they ent worth sheet in bed. We all started to laugh. I ent saying what happen at the end of the ride, but it was very interesting.  Me seduce women?  Nope they are doing ah great job  seducing men. Now ah understand why Expat, is asking me to stay away.

#13 Jun 14, 2018 3:44 pm

New Historian
Active

"For the life of me even though some of them were under age, I could never understand these young boys getting upset when an older woman opened their eyes. Maybe it's sexist, but predating males penetrating young girls seems to me to be a totally different ball game from boys being shown the light?"

You, sir, have been reported to the Gender Gendarmes, who have reviewed your gross transgression. You have been found by a jury of your non-peers, of gender bias - in-flagrante maximus! You have been sentenced to six-month gender re-orientation, where you will be sent to an island, full of menstruating women, there to ponder your sins and reform.

AMEN!!

#14 Jun 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"For the life of me even though some of them were under age, I could never understand these young boys getting upset when an older woman opened their eyes. Maybe it's sexist, but predating males penetrating young girls seems to me to be a totally different ball game from boys being shown the light?"

You, sir, have been reported to the Gender Gendarmes, who have reviewed your gross transgression. You have been found by a jury of your non-peers, of gender bias - in-flagrante maximus! You have been sentenced to six-month gender re-orientation, where you will be sent to an island, full of menstruating women, there to ponder your sins and reform.

AMEN!!

Dude... HEAVEN... all sexually active of child bearing age... bring it on. Just imagine an Island ram crammed with little Expats.

If there cycles are all in sync so much the better, it will mean a few days R&R for little freddy.

How did we get so far from Perfidia?

Last edited by Expat (Jun 14, 2018 4:43 pm)

#15 Jun 14, 2018 5:00 pm

New Historian
Active

No, you got it wrong: they're on ... ALL THE TIME! Hence the "torture" lol!!

#16 Jun 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

AMEN!!

Dude... HEAVEN... all sexually active of child bearing age... bring it on. Just imagine an Island ram crammed with little Expats.

If there cycles are all in sync so much the better, it will mean a few days R&R for little freddy.

Yes, we've strayed far from Perfidia.  Even Jamaica in the '70s had some romantic music that my parents used to dance to

Boris Gardiner was soft with a Caribbean soul.

Last edited by Calypso (Jun 14, 2018 5:31 pm)

#17 Jun 14, 2018 10:28 pm

New Historian
Active

Boris Gardener? Why am I not surprised lol? I suppose you like Pluto and Ernie too?

#18 Jun 14, 2018 11:44 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

AMEN!!

Yes, we've strayed far from Perfidia.  Even Jamaica in the '70s had some romantic music that my parents used to dance to

Boris Gardiner was soft with a Caribbean soul.

I actually meant how far the thread had strayed, not the music, but I enjoyed Boris, as I did back in the day.

Also instantly it started I said... That's the UK, and within seconds I was saying yes I know there, I think that would have been Hampton Court, and that looks like a school playground in Fulham. Plus snatches of vehicle tail lights, and er yes, that's a Ford Anglia etc.

Lets cool down with some Gregory

#19 Jun 14, 2018 11:52 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Boris Gardener? Why am I not surprised lol? I suppose you like Pluto and Ernie too?

But they had a touch of class, didn't they? Nothing vulgar but Caribbean classic with a bit of class??

Board footer