You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Expat
Active

A pleasant surprise

I bought some contact lenses mail order in the UK after seeing an advert on a train. They were the best I have ever tried.

I took a gamble and ordered some more this time to arrive into Grenada..They are not that expensive, so I thought lets have an experiment.

Blow me down with a feather. They arrived within 3 weeks, and best of all, they were cheaper INCLUDING local postage fees, AND taxes than the same ones from the same company when delivered in the UK. I guess this is one time the weak pound has worked in my favour.

#2 Jun 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Slice
Active

Re: A pleasant surprise

Nope ah still fraid of Contact. me ent trying, as we spoke about.  Nope not me.  Thanks anyway for the transition lenses lessons you gave me.  I never knew they do not transition in the car.  Now ah have to wear dark sun shades.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 13, 2018 2:00 pm)

#3 Jun 13, 2018 2:30 pm

New Historian
Active

Interesting - I may give contacts a try!!

#4 Jun 13, 2018 8:14 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

Interesting - I may give contacts a try!!

You really need to be kitted out by an optician in the first place to make sure you can cope with them, and to get the right prescription, bad fitting, or incorrect lenses can cause ulceration, and damage to the cornea.

However once you get past the rip off optician stage mail order could be the way to go.

If my sums are right it was about 70EC for a months supply of dailies, cleared from the P.O. So if you change glasses every 2 years it will cost about the same. Then you can wear all the Kewl designer Sunglasses, and contact lenses are UV blockers, so reduce chance of cataracts.

It seems creepy to jab your finger onto your eye if youv'e never done it, but it aint hard.

Board footer