You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 13, 2018 4:01 pm

New Historian
Active

A Tobago Cays Timetable

Anyone ever been sailing up the Cays? Absolute magic:

A Tobago Cays Timetable:   

Dawn: Absolute tranquility. Masts swaying in the swell.  Clear and quiet, except for the drone of waves on Horseshoe Reef.

Ten o’clock: Arrival of the Big Cats, laden with pale day trippers: fun-loving, sun-seeking, snorkelling, boozing, barbecuing.  Noise level increases.

Lunch: Boats leaving, boats arriving, all searching for that perfect spot.  Speedboats whizzing from yacht to yacht, selling all kinds of exotica.

Four o’clock: Departure of the Big Cats.  All quiet again.  Last stragglers leave, perhaps to spend a night at Saltwhistle Bay or scoot down to Union before dusk.

Sunset: Quiet time.  Relax.  Searching for the green flash.

Dusk: Absolute stillness, clang-clang of halyard against mast. A cup of wine, cold Carib and contemplation. These are the times we love sailing.

Evening: Cooking smells on the wind. Dinghy traffic between boats as sailing partners team up or new friends are made. The sounds of cooking and companionship as night descends on the Cays.

Bed by ten: For the deepest, dreamiest of sleeps.

#2 Jun 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: A Tobago Cays Timetable

Sounds Good !
" Well I learn something everyday"
I was reading and saying  " Tobago Cays "  ???     . T & T does not have any cays.
Then I learned  St Vincent and the Grenadines have 5 small islands , coral reefs and marine life that they call the " Cays"
Sounds like someplace to take a Maymay , passing those cruise ships jaunts.

#3 Jun 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Expat
Active

Re: A Tobago Cays Timetable

I had an interlude with Google Earth over Tobago.

Years ago if you typed in Tobago it took you to the cays... I told em what about TOBAGO.  No reply, but I see they now zoom in on Tobago.... let the cays take care of themselves..... smile

Board footer