You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 16, 2018 12:57 am

gripe
Active

Report: Pruitt Pulled Strings to get Daughter into Law School

#2 Jun 16, 2018 9:31 am

Expat
Active

Re: Report: Pruitt Pulled Strings to get Daughter into Law School

I've done the same thing myself, trying to get a Grenadian buddy into a craftsmans job on London Transport. And family members work on building contracts in Grenada.

It may not have been liable for scrutiny in the press, but you help you and yours when you can... don't you?

Now if he bribed people... maybe that comes into a different field of controversy.

#3 Jun 16, 2018 12:21 pm

gripe
Active

Expat, the issue is much bigger than the instinctive urge to help one's family, friend or loved one. Here is the rub: she may not be qualified and may have taken the place of someone more deserving. Also, influencing is one thing, undue influence, as in the case of a bribe, is quite another.

#4 Jun 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Expat
Active

gripe wrote:

Expat, the issue is much bigger than the instinctive urge to help one's family, friend or loved one. Here is the rub: she may not be qualified and may have taken the place of someone more deserving. Also, influencing is one thing, undue influence, as in the case of a bribe, is quite another.

I am making no distinction, Those I have helped or tried to help may have been the same, better or worse than anyone else trying for those jobs, my actions or yours if you have done it are just the same. For all we know she may be just as qualified and capable as any of the other candidates, but a word or a lean in the right place took luck out of the process.  Someone ALWAYS loses if someone else gets a hand up.

Board footer