You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 17, 2017 9:15 am

Expat
Active

What you can't see landside

La Source, in all it's private glory.

Low resolution phone camera image
Photo0145.jpg

#2 Jan 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: What you can't see landside

Looks pretty good to me.

#3 Jan 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Expat
Active

I am pretty sure it is lovely to be inside that cocoon of rocks and even a floating rope to keep out nasty locals.

I also understand that "They" reclaimed the beach, so it doesn't fall under the "Queens 60 yards rule" or what ever the measurement is for public access to a beach.

Just seems like Calivigney Island where locals are dissuaded from setting foot, although I suspect "They" didn't reclaim the sand there.

Touch of the gated communities.

#4 Jan 17, 2017 11:59 pm

New Historian
Active

It was better in the old LaSoose days, "they" ruined it, now it's just another tourist ghetto. Anyone ever see a Sandals guest in town, spending money, eating at a local restaurant? Never happens.

#5 Jan 18, 2017 10:07 am

Real Distwalker
Active

That's a shame then.  I just want you to know that when I am in Grenada my go-to is the Calabash and I pretty much just sleep there.

#6 Jan 18, 2017 8:21 pm

New Historian
Active

Calabash, one of the staples, been there forever! Dunno how they stay open though, it's usually deserted lol so you better hurry back and give them some business. Would you believe there's now a bowling alley in Greenz? For the students natch.

#7 Jan 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't suppose I will be bowling in Grenada!  LOL.

Hate to lose the Calabash.  I have stayed there every trip but it has been a while now.... 2012.  It's a big world to see and a limited time to see it. :-)

Board footer