You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Calypso
Active

BREAST CANCER RATE IS TWICE HIGHER FOR CARIBBEAN WOMEN

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/heal … ted-states

We need to adapt a healthy lifestyle and shed the weight. Also, exercise. Caribbean women do not love to exercise.

#2 Jun 17, 2018 4:25 pm

Expat
Active

Re: BREAST CANCER RATE IS TWICE HIGHER FOR CARIBBEAN WOMEN

Calypso wrote:

We need to adapt a healthy lifestyle and shed the weight. Also, exercise. Caribbean women do not love to exercise.

Sometimes they like to exercise too much. Check the Sound System lorries at Carnival.

#3 Jun 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Sometimes they like to exercise too much. Check the Sound System lorries at Carnival.

I am not talking about grinding up. I am talking about jogging, pilates, aerobics , etc.

#4 Jun 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

I am not talking about grinding up. I am talking about jogging, pilates, aerobics , etc.

It's all exercise, but the one on the sound system can lead to putting on weight.

#5 Jun 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Dancer
Active

Just an observation 
...  most  women in the  "North "  after bellies , waists , start expanding in middle age  , spend the rest of their lives trying to get rid of it .   .... just saying , lo.
The women in the Caribbean  wear their midlife  waist expansion  with pride .

...smh ..sad.

#6 Jun 18, 2018 7:39 am

Slice
Active

If all I am hearing is truth, then that is not surprising.  Cancer is the leading cause of death in Grenada, which is also surprising. I am not sure what can be done, but what I am seeing and hearing right now, I have come to the conclusion, that way too many chemicals are used in the growing of food, in Grenada.  If a farmer used chemicals o n lettuce in Grenada now, and the supermarket calls and say I need lettuce, the farmer will harvest that same lettuce and take to the market.

One more thing I notice is the  Spice people do not watch what they eat.

#7 Jun 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

Just an observation 
...  most  women in the  "North "  after bellies , waists , start expanding in middle age  , spend the rest of their lives trying to get rid of it .   .... just saying , lo.
The women in the Caribbean  wear their midlife  waist expansion  with pride .

...smh ..sad.

"Fat an Nice".

Only it aint nice it's bloody awful. Not only are you wearing rivers of rubbery fat on the outside, you also have chunks of the stuff filling up all the spaces inside your body damaging your vital organs.

Fat an nice used to mean you were living well, you wern't catching your arse. What it now means is you are abusing your body.

There is no real need for anyone's belly to slowly expand.

People always say, when I was young, I could eat anything, and I didn't put on weight. No, mostly because they were a lot more active. But what they were also doing is setting up their body plan for the future. When you get past your 20's you HAVE to reduce your intake to match your use of energy. If you don't ounce by ounce, your weight will slowly but surely increase. Stop it when you are only 5 pound up, and you can keep a lid on it. wait until you are 20 pounds up, and it's going to be a struggle.

#8 Jun 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

If all I am hearing is truth, then that is not surprising.  Cancer is the leading cause of death in Grenada, which is also surprising. I am not sure what can be done, but what I am seeing and hearing right now, I have come to the conclusion, that way too many chemicals are used in the growing of food, in Grenada.  If a farmer used chemicals o n lettuce in Grenada now, and the supermarket calls and say I need lettuce, the farmer will harvest that same lettuce and take to the market.

One more thing I notice is the  Spice people do not watch what they eat.

I have seen those lettuces arrive at your favourite store IGA by the hundred. The come ready bundled in plastic bags. FULL of water, they were washed before delivery.

Pesticides I see as a problem, but synthetic fertilizer not so much. It is what the plants need, and you have to replenish the soil once the previous crop has sucked the nutrients out. Just using pen manure, or seaweed alone will not cover the spectrum of nutrients and elements that the plants have sucked out of the soil.  JMHO.

Spice people from observation eat very badly. Plenty of Protein, two and three servings of starch on the same plate, and maybe some vegetable or other. Also again from observation, they eat twice what I put on a plate. Ergo dey go get fat.

Board footer