You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Jun 20, 2018 11:08 am

Expat
Active

Re: 2,000 Kids Separated From Parents Under Trump Border Crackdown

Real Distwalker wrote:

If Hillary Clinton wasn't literally the worst candidate in US presidential history, Trump wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell at being elected.  He was the second worst candidate in US presidential history.

Spoken as a true Republican with absolutely no bias.

She and her fornicating husband had flaws, but when the curtain of secrecy is lifted so do most Presidents and candidates.

One of the greatest leaders in the near modern era in the UK had some pretty big skeletons in the cupboard but that didn't stop him from doing some pretty impressive stuff, and also guiding Britain through it's darkest hour.

One small example was he was against women getting the vote, and immediately after the war wanted to get those women who had supported the war effort in the factories etc to get back into the homes where they belonged.

Very few do not have clay feet.

#22 Jun 20, 2018 11:23 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I think that she lost to that ham-handed douchebag Trump is prima facie evidence as to how bad she was as a candidate.  What more evidence do you need?

For about the millionth time: I am not a Republican.

#23 Jun 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I think that she lost to that ham-handed douchebag Trump is prima facie evidence as to how bad she was as a candidate.  What more evidence do you need?

For about the millionth time: I am not a Republican.

There were many reasons why she lost, many of them out of her control.

The American populace became beguiled by the smart catchy comments like "Crooked Hilary" or low energy whats his name. Combined with a feast of half truths and many complete lies put out by Mr T. Which many just WANTED to suck up. Not to mention the cluster F that was the timely release of non info by the previous head of the FBI.  That was a gift for anyone opposing Hilary. Had that come out earlier then Wag a finger would have been the Dems candidate.

If it walks talks and flaps its wings like a duck its a bloody duck. You not snuggling up under the Republican banner is like Muslims saying the Islamist Terrorists aren't Muslim.

#24 Jun 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The Republican Party is a political party of which I am not a member.  I am far more closely aligned with the Libertarian Party.

Look, if the nasty hag wouldn't have arrogantly and illegally used a private email server for government business and dumped 30,000 emails to avoid having their read, there would have been nothing for the FBI to dump.  That is just part of her being the worst presidential candidate in history.  For heaven's sake, she was beaten by Donald Trump.  Donald Trump!

#25 Jun 21, 2018 8:09 am

Expat
Active

Libertarian party, isn't that the one that has no political presence? Rather like the idealists party.

One doesn't have to be a member of a party to support the majority of it's views, and vote for it's candidates. One is hardly likely to like all the views and policies of a specific party, but from all your douche bagging of sundry Dems, and your plaudits for sundry Republicans, with the exception off Donald J Trump, who only just made up his mind which party he was going to run with just before the elections I can't recall one big up for a Libertarian candidate in the entire long long long election season we just endured.

Quack.

#26 Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The US is a two party system.  There are only two viable parties.  Voting Libertarian is a waste of a vote.  I did vote for the Libertarian Party candidate for president in 2016.  It was a protest vote against the two terrible, awful, no good, very bad candidates the major parties offered up.

#27 Jun 21, 2018 10:43 am

Dancer
Active

Look RD stop trying to distant yourself from the 'Deplorables' aka Tea Party  and the 'cult' arm of the Repubs.
... And would you stop blaming  Ms Clinton for your 'off the wall Pres "

Cause most of us will surmise  that you sit in front of you flat screen giving Your Donald 'high fives'.

Hey RD. Some towns in America were thinking  /  doing  - - the setting up of hiding places from the ICE troopers  looking for Mexicans .
If I remember clearly in the 30ies, 40ies , were Europeans now doing the same thing from the Nazi .

After knocking around TS for years , you must realize that  Libertarian  bull will not fly. So , man-up , is your vision of the USA   ,   .... shattered  ?

I feel your pain.  Sad ! 

very sad.
----

#28 Jun 21, 2018 11:24 am

Real Distwalker
Active

This cracks me up.  The Trumpanzees on other sites hate my guts and call me #NeverTrump.  On this site, I am accused of being a Trump supporter.   Bah!

As for libertarianism - note the lowercase l rather than the uppercase L of the Libertarian Party.  I am an advocate of individual liberty meaning I believe in limited government.

I believe in low taxes.  I believe in low regulations.  I believe in free trade.  I have no objection to things like legal marijuana, gay marriage and that sort of thing.  I am a civil libertarian.   None of this falls well into the Republican Party or the Democratic Party.

I object to the Democrat's model of big government management of the economy.  I object to the Republican's model of big government management of the culture.

Will libertarianism ever fly?  No, I don't think so.  Both parties are increasingly authoritarian.  Still, libertarianism is still my view of the kind of country I would want to live in.

#29 Jun 21, 2018 11:32 am

New Historian
Active

In other words: you're political curmudgeon who just doesn't like ANYBODY lol!!

#30 Jun 21, 2018 12:10 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I like people with whom I don't agree politically.  For example, I like you.

Board footer