You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 19, 2018 7:30 am

Slice
Active

YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

Watch out Expat here I come. So Expat, one is the Grenadain or European spelling or they just simple made ah mistake with the spelling on the Grenadain one?

Offline

#2 Jun 19, 2018 8:05 am

Expat
Active

Re: YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

Slice wrote:

Watch out Expat here I come. So Expat, one is the Grenadain or European spelling or they just simple made ah mistake with the spelling on the Grenadain one?


Well, this one is really confusing, as looking at heaps of Licenses on the www. Americans have ense, and UK etc have ence, yet to apply for a British licENCE on the UK Gov web site ence is what you will see. My license in the UK is being renewed, so I can't look at the original.

Cough cough.... talking of spelling mistakes, I think you will find you are a  Grenadian, not a Grenadain.

Offline

#3 Jun 19, 2018 9:03 am

Slice
Active

Re: YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

Lord doh remind me, that I always mix it up, but you know they all mean the same.  For some stupid reason, me spell check ent working, ah go have to call Dell. Can't no linger copy and paste and me printer ent printing.  Ah just hope they hurry hope, doh wanna waste me minutes.

Hope wife bring me done ah phone.

Offline

#4 Jun 19, 2018 9:32 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

I bought a wool sportcoat in Bath when I was visiting.  Very nice; very Brit.  In any case, one size was a bit small and the next size up was a bit large.  The shopkeeper asked me if I would be wearing a "jumper" under it.  I looked at my wife and she shrugged.   The shopkeep pointed to what Americans would call a "sweater".   Ah.

You learn as you go.

By the way, the gal below is wearing a denim jumper.  That's what came to mind when I was asked if I would be wearing one.


Untitled2.png

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Jun 19, 2018 9:37 am)

Offline

#5 Jun 19, 2018 9:43 am

New Historian
Active

Re: YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

Would look good on you!

On my first day in America as an 8th grader I put my hand up and asked if the teacher had a rubber. PIN DROP! Guffaws from the entire class and the embarrassed lady teacher said: "I think you mean an ERASER!"

Online

#6 Jun 19, 2018 9:55 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

I am given to understand that Brits visiting America find our oil change joints to be humorous.

LubePlus%20Fast%20Lube%20and%20Auto%20Maintenance.jpg

Offline

#7 Jun 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Slice
Active

Re: YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

YEP NH ah tink it will look really great on him.

Why do the Caribbean hold onto the European way, when America is three hours away?  I would tink it will be in their financial interest to go American.  Then again I know I am wrong; cars coming from  Japan and England are cheaper to land than those coming from the US.  Go figure.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 19, 2018 4:59 pm)

Offline

#8 Jun 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Expat
Active

Re: YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

Slice wrote:

YEP NH ah tink it will look really great on him.

Why do the Caribbean hold onto the European way, when America is three hours away?  I would tink it will be in their financial interest to go American.  Then again I know I am wrong; cars coming from  Japan and England are cheaper to land than those coming from the US.  Go figure.

Just because you went to America and have become enamoured with what you got used to does not mean everyone has to.

So far, as far as I can see recently because of the large amounts of American input via the students we ARE being influenced, just check road markings and no parking signs in IGA or in St Georges. Clumsy, untidy, confusing. America or a Grenadian version of American signage.

European no parking is a tiny sign on a post in the area for you to check time constraints, and usually either single yellow line at the side of the road or a double yellow.  Single means not to park during certain hours during the day, and double just don't park there. Red lines means its a main thoroughfare, and you will get run in as quick as wink if you park.

No big "no parking between"> and < on the road that gets worn out and it's a no excuse system instead of bloody great lollypops all along the road.

Why would you complain about cars being cheaper to land. Yours from America was cheaper to buy in the first place.

My likle Harley was £7000, in the states it was $7000.

You have been living high on the Hog all this time. Take a likle pain in your arse you old grumblin JCB.

Offline

#9 Jun 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Expat
Active

Re: YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

Real Distwalker wrote:

I bought a wool sportcoat in Bath when I was visiting.  Very nice; very Brit.  In any case, one size was a bit small and the next size up was a bit large.  The shopkeeper asked me if I would be wearing a "jumper" under it.  I looked at my wife and she shrugged.   The shopkeep pointed to what Americans would call a "sweater".   Ah.

You learn as you go.

By the way, the gal below is wearing a denim jumper.  That's what came to mind when I was asked if I would be wearing one.


https://s33.postimg.cc/didg7wnaj/Untitled2.png

Buddy, if you tap an British girl on her fanny you are going to be in a world of hurt. More so than if it was her butt that you were alluding to. Kinda Trump stylee.

Offline

#10 Jun 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Expat
Active

Re: YESTERDAY I GOT MY GRENADIAN DRIVING LICENCE OR LICENSE

Real Distwalker wrote:

I am given to understand that Brits visiting America find our oil change joints to be humorous.

https://www.lubeplus.com/LubePlus%20Fas … enance.jpg

We have a few cretins in Britain too... not really funny is it?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB