You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm

New Historian
Active

Just for you Dance: another first day in school

Not long after I moved to England as a 7-year old, I attended my first day at Fitzjohn’s Primary School, in Hampstead. I was still brand new to England and still scared witless. This was my fourth new school in 12 months and three countries, and as usual my main objective was to remain invisible and not draw any unwanted attention to myself. Not to mention that I still in shock and awe at being surrounded by all these white English kids, with their runny noses and too-long short pants. All was going well, until…

I wanted to pee.

Which wasn’t so bad at first; I figured I’d just wait it out until the next break. Except that the next break never came. As the afternoon wore on, my bladder got fuller - and fuller. I was too scared to raise my hand and ask to go and pee, inviting a whole classroom of stares my way. So I just sat there, in increasing stages of torture; legs crossed, toes crossed in a vain attempt to stem the increasing pressure on my bursting bladder.

And then: disaster. Somebody walking down the aisle bumped into my chair. It was only a little bump but it was enough - it burst the dam. At first it was no more a trickle, just a dribble down the inside of my leg. But as all that pent-up pressure started to release itself against my defenseless pee-pee, the dribble grew. In a heartbeat, a trickle grew to an uncontrollable gush as I sat there, shivering with relief.

The boy sitting directly behind me pointed at the rapidly spreading stain in my pants, and shouted:

“He’s pissed his pants!!”

The classroom turned my way – and erupted into laughter. I disappeared in a welter of tears while the blushing teacher shepherded me out of the room, towards the toilets. As I walked my mile of shame, that same urchin behind me, a toerag called Raymond Rouch, pointed at me and shouted:

“Bicky-four-two-oh-smell!!”

To yet more laughter; my shame was complete. I had no idea what it meant or where he got it from; but that impulsive nickname, “Bicky-four-two-oh-smell” clung to me through all three years at Fitzjohn’s. Needless to say, from that moment on Raymond Rouch and I became sworn enemies; this was WAR! A not-so cold war that simmered for three years, until our last day at school, when all scores were settled.

But that’s yet another story!

#2 Jun 20, 2018 6:44 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Just for you Dance: another first day in school

At last ! 
This one has a sense of authenticity  to it , a youngster peeing his pants. Happens to the best of us sometimes.
Result :
New Historian traumatized . 'ran away to sea'.

...... next ... " Bicky-four-two-oh-smell " settles the score. ( Bicky , who ????  Is that English ?

#3 Jun 20, 2018 7:02 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Not long after I moved to England as a 7-year old, I attended my first day at Fitzjohn’s Primary School, in Hampstead. I was still brand new to England and still scared witless. This was my fourth new school in 12 months and three countries, and as usual my main objective was to remain invisible and not draw any unwanted attention to myself. Not to mention that I still in shock and awe at being surrounded by all these white English kids, with their runny noses and too-long short pants. All was going well, until…

I wanted to pee.

Which wasn’t so bad at first; I figured I’d just wait it out until the next break. Except that the next break never came. As the afternoon wore on, my bladder got fuller - and fuller. I was too scared to raise my hand and ask to go and pee, inviting a whole classroom of stares my way. So I just sat there, in increasing stages of torture; legs crossed, toes crossed in a vain attempt to stem the increasing pressure on my bursting bladder.

And then: disaster. Somebody walking down the aisle bumped into my chair. It was only a little bump but it was enough - it burst the dam. At first it was no more a trickle, just a dribble down the inside of my leg. But as all that pent-up pressure started to release itself against my defenseless pee-pee, the dribble grew. In a heartbeat, a trickle grew to an uncontrollable gush as I sat there, shivering with relief.

The boy sitting directly behind me pointed at the rapidly spreading stain in my pants, and shouted:

“He’s pissed his pants!!”

The classroom turned my way – and erupted into laughter. I disappeared in a welter of tears while the blushing teacher shepherded me out of the room, towards the toilets. As I walked my mile of shame, that same urchin behind me, a toerag called Raymond Rouch, pointed at me and shouted:

“Bicky-four-two-oh-smell!!”

To yet more laughter; my shame was complete. I had no idea what it meant or where he got it from; but that impulsive nickname, “Bicky-four-two-oh-smell” clung to me through all three years at Fitzjohn’s. Needless to say, from that moment on Raymond Rouch and I became sworn enemies; this was WAR! A not-so cold war that simmered for three years, until our last day at school, when all scores were settled.

But that’s yet another story!

A Message from the Headteacher
At Fitzjohn’s our mission is to provide an environment where everyone can succeed.
Everything we do at Fitzjohn’s is designed to ensure that all of the children who come to here can make good progress and do as well as possible. We endeavor to give them the skills that also enable them to become kind, thoughtful and sensitive members of the community.
We serve a vibrant and diverse community and this is reflected in the families who come to our r school. We aim to work together with parents and careers to ensure that every child in the school can make the best of their time here and go on to be successful learners in the future.
We are a good school and are proud of our engaging and creative curriculum and wonderful staff. We do not rest on our laurels, however, and are constantly working to improve our practice to ensure that Fitzjohn’s really is a place where everyone can succeed.
No website can ever show you the energy, enthusiasm or creativity of a school so I would encourage you to visit us for a tour so that you can see these things for yourself. Further information is available on our website or from the school office.
I look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Rob Earrey
Headteacher

We've all had embarrassing experiences at school. I remember  the elastic in my panties bursting while playing in the first grade. It fell off while running. I had to ask the teacher for a safety pin. In retrospect, I was far more mature that the children in America. I could take care of myself. The school sheltered me and protected me on many levels, but they insisted on emotional independence and resilence.  I bounced back stronger.

#4 Jun 20, 2018 7:47 am

New Historian
Active

Fitzjohn's was a good school, one of the better that I went to: four primary and five high schools.

Every morning I would drop off the three kids at their two schools then head for work. My youngest was farting around as usual, and by the time I finally bundled all of them into the car with their school bags and bangarangs, he still had his shoes and socks in his hand. After a 20 minute babblefest in the back of the car, he went to put on his shoes as we neared his school, only to find that he'd only brought one shoe!

"Daddy! Can we go home for my other shoe, pleeease?"

Nope, I actually did have a meeting I couldn't miss, and he was mortified as he hobbled into school - on one shoe! That'll learn him.

Board footer