You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 25, 2018 7:52 am

Dancer
Active

The Problem With Feminism

I wanted answers after a thank you post that  said thank you. lol.
...... I found Laura Furster of The Hamilton Spectator......
...... here are some of her thoughts .

>>> Feminism has become a fundamentally flawed construct . The original purpose of the feminist movement  was to instate equal legal rights for women ,  but has always happen with social movements , momentum has carried carried us far past equality  to a place that is counter productive to the authentic feminist spirit.
..  Yes , women are still treated unfairly in many circumstances  ( just 2 or 3 days ago  women got the right to drive in Saudi Arabia )
.. Indeed , many women are under compensated  in the  work place  (teachers wanting to vote out Repubs after refusing their  increase pay demands ... last week )  over worked in the home  , and a struggle to be recognized intellectually if they are found to be sexually attractive.
... Women deserve to be respected as much as men do , The problem with modern feminism  is that it suggest that to be respected women have to be more like men. <<<

I will leave it there for now.... Laura is saying replace 'feminism' with gender equality.

#2 Jun 25, 2018 12:57 pm

Expat
Active

Re: The Problem With Feminism

I strongly believe all bras should be burned.... as long as they belong to younger women.

#3 Jun 25, 2018 5:38 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

I strongly believe all bras should be burned.... as long as they belong to younger women.

I strongly believe that those burnt bras must be stuffed into the mouths of whoring, vulgar old men!!

#4 Jun 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

I strongly believe that those burnt bras must be stuffed into the mouths of whoring, vulgar old men!!

Sound like someone who realised too late the folly of burning that bras.  Gravity can be cruel.

Board footer