You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Garden of Eaten

Grenadians Subjected to Abuse in Barbados: PM Mitchell "Pained"

"Damning allegations that a Grenadian family visiting Barbados was manhandled and humiliated by Barbadian police are hurting Prime Minister Dr Keith Mitchell.

A disappointed Mitchell is, however, in no mood for a row with his Caribbean neighbour, immediately quashing angry suggestions from his homeland that St George’s abandon its ties with Bridgetown.

He has instead opted to await the outcome of investigations on the matter, even as he told the Barbados Today online newspaper that the reports were upsetting and could be a serious indictment on Barbadian police."

Here is the link to the story: http://www.caribbean360.com/news/grenad … ian-police

#2 Jan 18, 2017 12:52 am

Aim

Re: Grenadians Subjected to Abuse in Barbados: PM Mitchell "Pained"

I think this is horrible. That said, diplomacy is diplomacy and the PM has to go through certain channels. The Barbadian policemen/women have to have the book thrown at them by their government/police department. Training/demotion etc. is in order and it has to be nationwide. You always get these reports about how they treat other islanders. The older I get the less tolerant I become so let me get out of here now.

Also, we have to make sure we do not mete out the same behaviour to our own visitors. There are ways you have to go about business.

BTW, talking about police what about Oscar Bartholomew's case...is it not supposed to be called this month - January 2017?

#3 Feb 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Woof Woof Gang Stalker

Garden of Eaten wrote:

"Damning allegations that a Grenadian family visiting Barbados was manhandled and humiliated by Barbadian police are hurting Prime Minister Dr Keith Mitchell.

A disappointed Mitchell is, however, in no mood for a row with his Caribbean neighbour, immediately quashing angry suggestions from his homeland that St George’s abandon its ties with Bridgetown.

He has instead opted to await the outcome of investigations on the matter, even as he told the Barbados Today online newspaper that the reports were upsetting and could be a serious indictment on Barbadian police."

Here is the link to the story: http://www.caribbean360.com/news/grenad … ian-police

Grenadians /Grenada were never in this confusion thing with Barbados,  I think Bajan are another one of the least friendly West Indian country, who thinks they are smart  and superior people of the Caribbean but why are they acting so low?, Grenada itself is a far nicer island, Barbados think they are big and that they probably believe they are little Britain of the west this is why they are locking up  visitors and subjecting them to all this ridicule instead of being friendly and welcoming to visitors without criminal records. People must know who thy are treating with ridicule.

This world is getting to be such a place that soon people will just stay in their own countries and this is like  going back in time way back. I  am hearing people saying they don't want foregners and immigrants in their countries this is like saying they can' tolerate other humans that do not look like them anymore and this is dangerous, At one point this same people were inviting immigrants and visitors to their countries.

Although this treatments is totally uncalled for, The way the Pm intervened If it was someone else he don't know he won't be so furious. This is the thing.

#4 Feb 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Expat

Got off a plane for more than a change in carrier once.

Can't see any particular reason to return.

Board footer