You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jun 30, 2018 3:40 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Kingston - Montego Bay - Jamaica . Beware JCB

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Probably true. In Jamaica they kill you for peanuts.

Is it really all that bad. I just read articles about the killings of expats. yet, I have relatives who moved  back and are alright.

"A Guardian analysis of government data has found that at least 85 British, American and Canadian nationals have been murdered in Jamaica since 2012. Of those, at least 30 were British and eight were murdered last year"

Any way you look at it, that's a lot of killings of one very particular and visible demographic group. Seems to happen a lot in rural communities, where they stick out even more. If I went back, I wouldn't live in some remote village where my neighbour is barely within screaming distance, no sir I want people around me lol. But yeah, I've got tons of family and friends in Jamaica, and they manage to mug along, so it's not like it's Syria or anything.

But ... be careful y'hear?

#12 Jun 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Kingston - Montego Bay - Jamaica . Beware JCB

New Historian wrote:
Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Probably true. In Jamaica they kill you for peanuts.

Is it really all that bad. I just read articles about the killings of expats. yet, I have relatives who moved  back and are alright.

"A Guardian analysis of government data has found that at least 85 British, American and Canadian nationals have been murdered in Jamaica since 2012. Of those, at least 30 were British and eight were murdered last year"

Any way you look at it, that's a lot of killings of one very particular and visible demographic group. Seems to happen a lot in rural communities, where they stick out even more. If I went back, I wouldn't live in some remote village where my neighbour is barely within screaming distance, no sir I want people around me lol. But yeah, I've got tons of family and friends in Jamaica, and they manage to mug along, so it's not like it's Syria or anything.

But ... be careful y'hear?

Thanks for the tip. I haven't seen Jamaica since '87!

Board footer