You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jul 03, 2018 10:20 am

piratejenny
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

There I was in a Methodist college that did not feel "religious" to me, and as one elective I took "Religion" - I thought/hoped we would be studying Palestine and the Holy Land and origins, maybe biblical history, you know. History. I love history studies.

Turns out I needed the various colored markers - just like in the story and photo - to track the origins of thought in the Old Testament. Heavens, afterwards I realized what an infusion of the stories of different civilizations. So much for fundamentalism after that.

Offline

#12 Jul 03, 2018 9:42 pm

gripe
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

Slice, are you saying, by using the word "adopting", that before you returned home you did not know about or never used the phrase "Tomorrow Please the lord"?

I will be shocked if that phrase is new to you.

Offline

#13 Jul 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

Slice wrote:

Saying you doh believe in Christianity, is the worst crime, one can commit in Grenada.  Lord these folks are holy.  Now I am adopting, phrases like Tomorrow Please the lord.  When you forget to say these words they quickly remind you.

Wrong, as usual.

I'll see you Tomorrow God willing.... or for those that don't realise they are becoming pagans Gods willing. You could say with Gods will, but Gods willing is just wrong in that sentence. You might suggest Gods willing to do something if you were so bold, but I'll see you tomorrow Gods willing is just plain wrong. IMO.

Offline

#14 Jul 04, 2018 12:51 am

gripe
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

Expat, are you saying that the phrase that I quoted from Slice is not used at home? That can't be, because Slice refenced it as something that he claims he needs to adopt.

The phrase that you used --and played around with just a bit -- is simply a variation of the phrase that Slice referenced.

So, what was "wrong" with what I said?

I may have missed your point completely. Help me out.

Offline

#15 Jul 04, 2018 6:32 am

Slice
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

gripe wrote:

Slice, are you saying, by using the word "adopting", that before you returned home you did not know about or never used the phrase "Tomorrow Please the lord"?

I will be shocked if that phrase is new to you.

It is not new, but I have since moved on.  I no longer believe in those Anancy stories.  Despite my not believing in those stories, a priest came to bless my house, and while wife was very please, I could not wait for him to leave.  That blessing took more than an hour.

Offline

#16 Jul 04, 2018 9:09 am

Expat
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

gripe wrote:

Expat, are you saying that the phrase that I quoted from Slice is not used at home? That can't be, because Slice refenced it as something that he claims he needs to adopt.

The phrase that you used --and played around with just a bit -- is simply a variation of the phrase that Slice referenced.

So, what was "wrong" with what I said?

I may have missed your point completely. Help me out.


I vooped...

Yes please the Lord is used, but I kinda wiped my data banks of that one yesterday.

I obsessed on "God's willing" which is a misuse.

You were right to gripe... smile

Offline

#17 Jul 04, 2018 9:11 am

Expat
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

Slice wrote:
gripe wrote:

Slice, are you saying, by using the word "adopting", that before you returned home you did not know about or never used the phrase "Tomorrow Please the lord"?

I will be shocked if that phrase is new to you.

It is not new, but I have since moved on.  I no longer believe in those Anancy stories.  Despite my not believing in those stories, a priest came to bless my house, and while wife was very please, I could not wait for him to leave.  That blessing took more than an hour.

Wifey has been chuntering on about blessing the house for 20 years.... still ain't happen. Lucky for me, I would be driven out.... LoL.

Offline

#18 Jul 04, 2018 11:00 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

I like a bit of Levicticus meself: proper brimstone and fire, gay-bashing and woman-hating - proper Biblical stuff! And don't eat shrimps, whatever you don't eat shrimps...

Online

#19 Jul 04, 2018 1:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

The Old Testament has been superseded.

Offline

#20 Jul 04, 2018 1:56 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

Real Distwalker wrote:

The Old Testament has been superseded.

Oh yeah? Tell that to billions of bible-bashers the world over!

Online

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB