You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 18, 2017 10:53 am

Slice

AH DOH KNOW, MAYBE SOME OF US ARE JUST SALLUPP.

Watching the Obama family interview, as we all know Ms, Obama is ah fashion icon.  According to her doh during the interview, the pants that the president was wearing was more than 10 years old.  I guess, it is either we are very cheap or get so comfortable with our old cloth, that it doh matter..

While In Grenada, ah try me best to look as Sallupp as possible, but clean.

Yep while Grenadians are in their high fashion, Slice look like ah bomb.

I ent trying to please ah soul. I am very comfortable in my skin.

#2 Jan 18, 2017 11:45 am

Real Distwalker

Re: AH DOH KNOW, MAYBE SOME OF US ARE JUST SALLUPP.

I have a 100% wool shirt I have had since the 1980s and still wear from time to time.  It is a heavy shirt for cold-weather hunting so it doesn't get worn that much but it is still in great shape and is fine.

Anybody have clothes older than that they still wear?

#3 Jan 18, 2017 1:15 pm

gripe

Slice, I really hope you didn't look like a "bomb" since people home may have had good reason to have stayed away from you. They would have been fine with you, though, if you instead looked like a BUM. Who can be mad with someone just being themselves, just being down-to-earth?

#4 Jan 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Slice

Real Distwalker wrote:

I have a 100% wool shirt I have had since the 1980s and still wear from time to time.  It is a heavy shirt for cold-weather hunting so it doesn't get worn that much but it is still in great shape and is fine.

Anybody have clothes older than that they still wear?

My ole girlfriend in Grenada made me ah polo when ah was leaving Grenada and also the two tone shirt I traveled from Grenada to America in 1980, I still have.  Wifee is getting tired of seeing  them lately, so know it is just ah matter of time, before their disappear.

Ah just tink it is fun to look Sallupp must of the time.

#5 Jan 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Real Distwalker

I still have this thing I bought in 1983 but I don't think it counts.  I don't wear it.  It is just a souvenir.

P8240001.jpg

Some guy was peddling them on Grande Anse... so I bought one.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Jan 18, 2017 6:06 pm)

#6 Jan 18, 2017 7:44 pm

gripe

That's almost like rubbing it all over our faces, Rd! Then again, being calm is a good thing. Having fun is also highly recommended.

#7 Jan 19, 2017 11:30 am

Slice

Ok the point was, ah had to dress up once and ah hated it. I wear ah suit in America every day, ah love taking advantage of trying to look like ah BUM.    Ah got you ah got you.

#8 Jan 19, 2017 11:31 am

Slice

Real Distwalker wrote:

I still have this thing I bought in 1983 but I don't think it counts.  I don't wear it.  It is just a souvenir.

https://s23.postimg.org/fmaclp9mf/P8240001.jpg

Some guy was peddling them on Grande Anse... so I bought one.

You just had to rub that in we face. NOPE IT DOH COUNT.

Last edited by Slice (Jan 19, 2017 11:32 am)

#9 Jan 19, 2017 11:38 am

Real Distwalker

I wasn't rubbing buddy, I was playing... and showing off a souvenir I bought in Grenada from a Grenadian vendor. smile

#10 Jan 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Slice

Ah giving you plenty time,  Might be back in the Spice in about 6months. plan your vacation, so we  go and harass Expat.  Then again wife say in 9months, 30 year anniversary.

Board footer