You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I have some good news and some bad news...

The good news is that in less than 24 hours, the Obama presidency will be history.

The bad news is that in less that 24 hours Obama's successor will be president.

#2 Jan 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: I have some good news and some bad news...

Real Distwalker wrote:

The good news is that in less than 24 hours, the Obama presidency will be history.

If you neither approve of both presidents then take a trip to the bloody moonl

#3 Jan 19, 2017 9:26 pm

gripe
Active

Take a more obvious position and say what's in your heart because even from your post I detect your wish that Pres. Obama remained. How do I know? Bad news can never be better than good news. Did I read you correctly?

#4 Jan 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Trump is a very bad man.  He is dishonorable and repugnant.   Obama is a decent man but I very much disapprove of his policy positions.   

In the case of Trump, I strongly disapprove of some but approve of others.  I can't get past the fact that he is just a bad man.  I don't feel that Obama is a bad person but I do not like his policies.

On the other hand, Obama's presidency is on the books.  The story is written.  There is nothing to fear.  We know the plot.  What horror lies ahead with Trump remains to be seen.

#5 Jan 19, 2017 9:51 pm

gripe
Active

It was refreshing to read from you that "Obama is a decent man . . ." and that your beef with him is "his policy positions". That cleared up a lot for me and maybe some others on here. Further, and biased as I am, I totally agree with your views on the other guy (I just can't even mention his name). MRP can take me to court for that if he wishes!

#6 Jan 20, 2017 8:23 am

Slice
Active

I swear on my Grand Muma grave ah will never reveal his true feeling.  My lips are locked and ah throw away the keys.

#7 Jan 20, 2017 8:29 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

My heart and mind are Wide open.  The honest truth is that ah wish Donald Trump the very best.  I can not and will never approve of ah racist as president, but again it is not his fault, but rather Hillary and the John Lewis of the democratic party.

In all honesty ah hate the John Lewis and Hillary more than ah hate the Donald.  Ah just can't get over they did not have the foresight, to see the change in the country.  They are ah bunch ah JACKASSESS.

#8 Jan 20, 2017 4:02 pm

gripe
Active

For Slice:

Tell me, are you prepared to blame a homeowner who, carelessly or not, forgets to lock his house resulting in a thief stealing the homeowner's items, to the thief's heart's content? Then, to add insult to injury, you turn around and find excuses for the thief? Would you also be comfortable with the idea of making sure that the thief can find a good market, and good prices, for his/her ill-gotten loot?

If that scenario above is off-beat, try this: would you serve pig's food to your loved ones but reserve red carpet treatment -- lobster dishes and gourmet treats -- for those prone (and they make no bones about so doing) to harm you? If so, is this a case of you preferring a dagger both frontally and in your back, at the same time, and from the same one that you know definitely will not smile with you but will use 2 daggers on you even as you smile, thinking that the 2-dagger man is your friend?

#9 Jan 21, 2017 4:13 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

They put down Mr  Obama as the man who hoped to change America for his legacy,   on  National news this morning
What an insult.  I am sure he expected better from them

#10 Jan 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Expat
Active

I am pretty sure Obama DID want to make America a better place as his legacy.... Starting day one 8 years ago, not just on the run up to his end of term.

Had he not had such a bunch of vindictive party centric grippers in the Halls of power to oppose every plan and intention America WOULD have been a better place.

Not everything an individual or party propose is going to fit with all people, but the consistency of rejection from the Republicans was shameful to watch.

I only hope the Democrats will not be so mealy mouthed if a sensible proposal comes along.

Board footer