You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Dancer
Active

Feeling Good

When you reach a goal ,  you feel good. Oh I could use a different word . but good feels right.
Hang out , with others , after a long busy period  , change the scene  , for a while.
... to use a Windrush quote ...  leaving home but going home .....
    Hoping for no big  surprises ...hehehe
But who knows , Trump is leader of the free World.  ....lol.
Maymay , a pillow , a beer and turn the TV on.
Wonderful Maymay , you are golden.

#2 Jul 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Feeling Good

Congratulations for feeling good! In three more weeks, I will be beach bumming in Carry le Rouet, the same village where Nina Simone died.

#3 Jul 18, 2018 9:03 am

Dancer
Active

Well thanks for Nina ,  your favorite singer/activist .
I could listen to Billy Holiday  too ..... but

.... ahhh ... need company bumming in Carry LeRouet , call 1-800-555 5555 ask for Dancer.
I was thinking  of going up 'North' , for a week or so , but  the beach and after bumming , sounds  great .

#4 Jul 19, 2018 10:38 am

Dancer
Active

That is why I like the  JA. You are informed on 'most' things , like 'feeling good ' Nina Simone.

I am /was , no  , still is , lol ,  NOT  into Simone and her singing , you can add Billy Holiday too , just too sad and droney pour moi.
..... But 'feeling good' seems to be a 'classic hit 'from Karaoke to Michael Buble .

So what can I get you ? Some jerk pork and a dumpling or a festival ,  i could throw in a couple of green bananas  too.
lol

#5 Jul 20, 2018 4:37 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Dancer wrote:

When you reach a goal ,  you feel good. Oh I could use a different word . but good feels right.
Hang out , with others , after a long busy period  , change the scene  , for a while.
... to use a Windrush quote ...  leaving home but going home .....
    Hoping for no big  surprises ...hehehe
But who knows , Trump is leader of the free World.  ....lol.
Maymay , a pillow , a beer and turn the TV on.
Wonderful Maymay , you are golden.

lol leaving home but going home to a welcome like that according to written history. Dancer  are you a windrush generation? Or an African Descendant or neither? I will love to know who you are? Are you an alien from out of space? Or how about a nowherian? I hope you not a born troublemaker? What's your status among men. What do you really  stand for on earth? lol

#6 Jul 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Dancer
Active

Questions , questions , Mary  . Well I will  say this ' I  try not to lie  , stay out of   others  relationships  and  try to be good 'most' of the time. lol.

#7 Jul 20, 2018 2:04 pm

New Historian
Active

Dancer wrote:

That is why I like the  JA. You are informed on 'most' things , like 'feeling good ' Nina Simone.

I am /was , no  , still is , lol ,  NOT  into Simone and her singing , you can add Billy Holiday too , just too sad and droney pour moi.
..... But 'feeling good' seems to be a 'classic hit 'from Karaoke to Michael Buble .

So what can I get you ? Some jerk pork and a dumpling or a festival ,  i could throw in a couple of green bananas  too.
lol

Jamaica is, I'm sure, the only place in the world that actually booed Nina off the stage - BOOED! I was there, she came to play and it was a big deal. In Jamaica Nina's biggest hit was "My baby just cares for you", with its rollicking rock steady-ish beat, Jamaicans love dancing to that tune. But for Nina it wasn't a hit that it would later become, I think it was only the B-side of a single.

Nina sang a lovely set, but as the night wore on people were getting impatient to hear her do THEIR song - and started to let her know it! When it finally got through to her that that's what the crowd wanted, she refused. And they booed some more, and like the diva she was, she flounced off the stage! To even more boos lol!!

Jamaican audiences ROUGH bwoy!

#8 Jul 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:
Dancer wrote:

lol

Jamaica is, I'm sure, the only place in the world that actually booed Nina off the stage - BOOED! I was there, she came to play and it was a big deal. In Jamaica Nina's biggest hit was "My baby just cares for you", with its rollicking rock steady-ish beat, Jamaicans love dancing to that tune. But for Nina it wasn't a hit that it would later become, I think it was only the B-side of a single.

Nina sang a lovely set, but as the night wore on people were getting impatient to hear her do THEIR song - and started to let her know it! When it finally got through to her that that's what the crowd wanted, she refused. And they booed some more, and like the diva she was, she flounced off the stage! To even more boos lol!!

Jamaican audiences ROUGH bwoy!

Sent me an article of Nina coming to Jamaica.

#9 Jul 20, 2018 9:44 pm

New Historian
Active

"Sent me an article of Nina coming to Jamaica."

Lawd this was waaay back in the seventies, generations before the internet was invented. But trust me, it happened.

#10 Jul 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Dancer
Active

Nina Booed  !!!!!!!    ..... there goes calypso weekend.    ..... or week .lol.
" that is a good tune , ' my baby just cares for me ' ....  I know that one  ".

New Historian the booing is true . I looked it up. Nina was singing with some quartet in the age of
'yellow bird' and Jamaica farewell  1950 something.

Calypso's reaction  - shocking - I heard you """"  Bastards  '''''

Board footer