You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jul 21, 2018 1:37 am

Calypso
Active

Re: Feeling Good

Dancer wrote:

Nina Booed  !!!!!!!    ..... there goes calypso weekend.    ..... or week .lol.
" that is a good tune , ' my baby just cares for me ' ....  I know that one  ".

New Historian the booing is true . I looked it up. Nina was singing with some quartet in the age of
'yellow bird' and Jamaica farewell  1950 something.

Calypso's reaction  - shocking - I heard you """"  Bastards  '''''

"Four Women" by Nina Simone.  The circumstances surrounding the lives of 4 black women summed up in a song. This is genius. I still didn't see anything about Nina in Jamaica.

#12 Jul 21, 2018 2:18 am

New Historian
Active

Well you wouldn't would you, it wasn't exactly her "shining moment" - nor Jamaica's for that matter. Good and bad, we gotta own it.

#13 Jul 21, 2018 4:10 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Well you wouldn't would you, it wasn't exactly her "shining moment" - nor Jamaica's for that matter. Good and bad, we gotta own it.

Be it her shinning moment or not. History has to record it. If it is not recorded, it didn't happen!

#14 Jul 21, 2018 6:34 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Dancer wrote:

Questions , questions , Mary  . Well I will  say this ' I  try not to lie  , stay out of   others  relationships  and  try to be good 'most' of the time. lol.

hmmmm?

#15 Jul 21, 2018 6:40 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Dancer wrote:

Questions , questions , Mary  . Well I will  say this ' I  try not to lie  , stay out of   others  relationships  and  try to be good 'most' of the time. lol.

I really thought sombody did spoil you to interfere in  other people business  like some voodoo  backfire on you . Keep your hands clean  lol

#16 Jul 21, 2018 10:39 am

New Historian
Active

"History has to record it. If it is not recorded, it didn't happen!"

Spoken like a millennial. So if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, did it happen? There is a world that exists outside of the internet, it's called the world of actual experience.

#17 Jul 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

"History has to record it. If it is not recorded, it didn't happen!"

Spoken like a millennial. So if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, did it happen? There is a world that exists outside of the internet, it's called the world of actual experience.

Then why can't I find it?

#18 Jul 21, 2018 2:49 pm

New Historian
Active

You can. I just told you about it. It's now officially on the internet, from  an unimpeachable source. You tink a lie?

#19 Jul 22, 2018 1:21 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

You can. I just told you about it. It's now officially on the internet, from  an unimpeachable source. You tink a lie?

Yes, yuh right. I just found it. Thanks to Dancer.

#20 Jul 22, 2018 9:13 am

New Historian
Active

Your apology I presume is in the mail, and will be accepted, in due course.

Board footer