You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 20, 2018 4:10 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Seems like Some people there are getting Confused Why? and how sad

According to the evening standard London has recorded it's 95th stabbing and gun violence death for the year.
This is so sad because it appeared to be moving forward and making such remarkable progress some years ago. Maybe they need to show respect one to another

#2 Jul 20, 2018 7:34 am

Expat
Active

Re: Seems like Some people there are getting Confused Why? and how sad

I expect the answer is 90% drugs.

The principle problem is violence secondly there is the reason. Some is peer bullying, What is interesting is that crime rates generally are either static or down, but crime which is associated with mostly teenagers is up and up.

Too much perception of disrespect. Not a word that was part of the common vernacular when I was a youth. Without wishing to light the blue touch paper, that mentality seems to stem from Black culture, and is now being followed like sheep by white and Asians.

When there was a blanket ban on alcohol in the USA it was the most gang ridden society. When Alcohol was deemed OK the gangs had no product to sell. Perversly the more you try to restrict it the worse the problem gets.

We definitely do not want crack heads on every corner, nor heroin addicts, or people static on Zombie drugs, but we need to castrate the drug dealers and stop persecuting the addicts.

#3 Jul 21, 2018 11:53 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Expat wrote:

I expect the answer is 90% drugs.

The principle problem is violence secondly there is the reason. Some is peer bullying, What is interesting is that crime rates generally are either static or down, but crime which is associated with mostly teenagers is up and up.

Too much perception of disrespect. Not a word that was part of the common vernacular when I was a youth. Without wishing to light the blue touch paper, that mentality seems to stem from Black culture, and is now being followed like sheep by white and Asians.

When there was a blanket ban on alcohol in the USA it was the most gang ridden society. When Alcohol was deemed OK the gangs had no product to sell. Perversly the more you try to restrict it the worse the problem gets.

We definitely do not want crack heads on every corner, nor heroin addicts, or people static on Zombie drugs, but we need to castrate the drug dealers and stop persecuting the addicts.

ah ah

#4 Jul 21, 2018 12:07 pm

New Historian
Active

"Without wishing to light the blue touch paper, that mentality seems to stem from Black culture"

Sadly and without jerking knees I have to agree with you, Black youth culture in the inner cities nowadays is nothing like it was when I were a nipper - unrecogniseable. There is a feralness to today's youth that is frightening.

Board footer