You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 23, 2018 10:39 am

GMW
Active

Stand Your Ground!

Regardless who or how it's started the ending is usually the same. So the white dude was inspection the car do see if was legit to park in a handicap while yelling at the female occupant and child in the car. U kno like "Georgie" Zimmerman. So now the girl's BF who was already out the car come out and landed a very hard push over on the other dude. Totally not right.

And also dumb to not realize the fella taunting his lady is obviously armed and ready to set up a silly negro for the kill. One who forgets who are the beneficiaries of stand you ground 11 out of 10 times.

#2 Jul 23, 2018 11:08 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Stand Your Ground!

I agree.  He shouldn't have knocked the old guy down but the old guy sure as shit didn't need to shoot him over it.   

He can't be prosecuted?  Okay, he is still subject to civil penalty.  That boy was denied the comfort and support of his father for life.    I'd say that if the boy's mother gets a good lawyer, that shooter may well be left penniless.

That said, folks, don't go around knocking people down.  It's dangerous.

#3 Jul 23, 2018 11:11 am

Real Distwalker
Active

So let's review...

1) Don't park in a handicap space if you aren't handicapped.

2) If you see somebody park in a handicap space and you aren't a cop, mind your own business

3) If you see an old man acting like a grumpy old man, do not physically attack him.

4) If you are a grumpy old man and someone knocks you down, you don't have to kill him.  If you do, expect your life to be ruined in the media, at your job, in the civil courtroom, in your finances and everywhere as the friends of the man you killed stalk you forever.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Jul 23, 2018 11:21 am)

#4 Jul 23, 2018 11:30 am

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

So let's review...

2) If you see somebody park in a handicap space and you aren't a cop, mind your own business

3) If you see an old man acting like a grumpy old man, do not physically attack him.

4) If you are a grumpy old man and someone knocks you down, you don't have to kill him.  If you do, expect your life to be ruined in the media, at your job, in the civil courtroom, in your finances and everywhere as the friends of the man you killed stalk you forever.

You've broken it down very fair. I totally agree with both of your comments. I've gotta say that shove was pretty darn overly aggressive.

#5 Jul 23, 2018 11:49 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Do you know what is more terrible than getting knocked down, more terrible that getting beat up and almost as terrible as getting killed?   The hell you life will be if you shoot someone. 

Even if you aren't charged with a crime, I guarantee the media will work to destroy your life and your reputation.  Be prepared to forfeit every bit of your privacy and have every embarrassment in your life made public. 

There is a high probability you will be fired from your job.  Nobody wants a trigger happy gunslinger around the workplace. 

You are going to be sued in civil court and, if you lose, your wealth, wages and future income will be lost.  Even if you win, you will be paying legal fees for many, many years.

If you killed a man with a lot of shady characters for friends, be prepared to spend the rest of your life in fear as they stalk you. 

If you killed a man with some very, very shady criminal enterprise friends, expect your wife, sister or granddaughter to be hunted down and killed in retaliation.

Bottom line gun toters: You may want to just take the ass beating rather than pulling out that piece.

#6 Jul 23, 2018 1:23 pm

New Historian
Active

"Bottom line gun toters: You may want to just take the ass beating rather than pulling out that piece."

Pity a large percentage are deaf to that advice. You may be different but it's my opinion that most gun toters are itching to use it, makes their dicks grow less small!

#7 Jul 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Slice
Active

All I am going to say is guns are nothing but trouble.  MMMM to my friends in Grenada who love guns. BTW me Gun lover in Grenada, we met in Umbrellas yesterday.  Kinda weird no one drank an alcoholic beverage.  This time doh ah had company, you see the other JCB(good term) is ah liberal, so we teamed up on the other gun lover.

We are meeting again, in some bar, in the Esplanade Mall (ah know ah spell it wrong, but what the hell) on Wednesday.

#8 Jul 23, 2018 1:38 pm

New Historian
Active

"Esplanade Mall" = top marks in spelling bee! I'm trying to come down for Kayak workboat regatta and maybe carnival afterwards but lordy, tickets...

#9 Jul 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Expat
Active

GMW wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

So let's review...

You've broken it down very fair. I totally agree with both of your comments. I've gotta say that shove was pretty darn overly aggressive.

The shove WAS overly aggressive, and before all that should not have occurred. A simple abusive exchange of words would leave both sides vindicated.

The old man although attacked wasn't being repeatedly attacked, so did not need to "defend himself".  But then again we are not hearing anything that is being said, and perhaps the shooting victim continued to threaten him verbally.

Also the age of the grumpy old man is not given, but the older you get, the less able you are to process events quickly. He probably was still spinning from being knocked to the ground.

Be nice to grumpy old men, you may live long enough to become one yourself.

#10 Jul 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

"Esplanade Mall" = top marks in spelling bee! I'm trying to come down for Kayak workboat regatta and maybe carnival afterwards but lordy, tickets...

Great luck getting ah ticket.  Ah in-law is paying $2,400 from Baltimore to meet me here. If you here this could be fun. GM go be here.  He talking about ah Jazz outing in the heat ah carnival.  GM is ah Good PADNAH despite he tough talk. Lord Expat, ah hope you could keep up.

Board footer